“Tampa to Providence RI”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 26 May 2018

On time , smooth flight newer plane we sat window and aisle . Seats very comfortable and service , coffer or drink was offered. Luggage we had one check was quick to arrive at pick up . Our only concern is Providence car rentals is insanely a 3/4 mile walk seem like you had to walk from Warwick to providence to get a car rental desk. Worst design Ive ever seen in any USA airport

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (50,971)

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I usually fly United because I’ve never had issues with them. And occasionally, I would fly Southwest because they’re just fun and laid back. But when my family flew to Hawaii last October for a vacation, and thinking that because it was more than eight hours of flight (plus the fact that it was not cheap), they would at least serve a sandwich (at least) and whole can of soda. But to my shock, all they gave was a bag of peanuts and a cup of drink. Really???? Like I said in the beginning, this was not a cheap flight. Do you think it would bankrupt them to offer their passengers some kind of meal especially since this a long haul flight? Southwest gives you a sandwich and a drink for flights over 3hours. So folks, you are all right in surmising that that was the last time I’m flying United.

Date of travel: October 2017
2  Thank evitastokes
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Flight was delayed then cancelled. Was able to take a different flight 3 hours later and then got rerouted to London then on to Edinburgh. The problem seems that United gets shuffled when traffic in Newark is heavy. SOOOOO fly an airline that has the capacity to get airspace and terminal space so your connecting flight can get through. I had two friends mention before I booked the flight that EVERYTIME they fly through Newark, they seldom get through to their destination on time. Almost always getting rerouted and rebooked. That was my experience as well... Additionally United planes are looking tired compared to my flights on other carriers. Dirtier, tattered pouches, things not working, headrest monitiors, etc.

2  Thank GregoryT1232
Reviewed 26 May 2018

It was really remarkable taking this United flight back to LA just a few days after I had flown out to DC with American. I have to say the experience was significantly inferior on United. Both flights were totally full. Both were early morning flights and both were on time. I flew economy class both ways and sat on the aisle toward the back of the plane. So what was the difference? Maybe it was the width of the seats. I have normal width shoulders for a man, so basically my shoulders fill the plane seat entirely. If I have a man of equal or greater shoulder width sitting next to me, it can be pretty uncomfortable on a long flight. On both these flights I had a relatively wide-shouldered man sitting in the middle seat next to me, but on United it felt like tackle practice the whole 5 hours, while on American I barely noticed. Are the seats narrower on United than American? I don't know, but it sure felt that way. Maybe it was the bad service. The crew on the United flight clearly made one feel like they had no time for the passengers. They were just there because they "work" there, but they didn't know anything and didn't want to be bothered. On American a few days earlier the crew had at least been polite. Maybe it was the food. By the time the food service arrived at my row on the United flight there was basically nothing to buy on board. On American, I got a decent choice. Maybe it's not fair for me to expect more from an economy fare travel these days, but I can still compare. If American can provide reasonably decent service, United could do better.

2  Thank JRinLA
Reviewed 26 May 2018

It was a good flight . The interior of the plane was very clean and comfortable. The flight was smooth. The attendants were very courteous.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.