“No delays in snow”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 8 March 2019

Did not think our flight would be on-time with a snow storm in Providence, but we got there! I was scared because I prefer non-stop. This was the second leg from Florida. Newark airport had great food and great selection of spirits (local beer!). We left a bit late but arrived a bit early. Nice crew, communicative pilot. Bags arrived quick at PVD.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (50,971)

Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

Yes yes I know United has been in the news for not great service but my flight was great. I was traveling to a conference by red eye, to store my poster I had slide it in first. I was really afraid I would forget it. So when I opened the overhead bin 6 hours later 2am my time, there was a note on my carryon. “Don’t forget your poster” and they had put snacks on my bag cause I slept through drink service. THANK YOU UNITED.

Date of travel: March 2019
2  Thank anamarar2016
Reviewed 7 March 2019

Up at 4:30 for a 6:30 flight arrived checked in and boarded. Sat on runway for about 25 minutes because of what the pilot said was paperwork. Landed in Chicago late rushed to gate to catch San Diego flight. Got to gate the doors were closed. Were booked on a later flight just short of five hours later. On that plane we all had middle seats all over the plane. Why does a first early flight have paperwork issues in the 21st century.

Reviewed 7 March 2019

Our flights were booked through a tour group. We were to fly out of Madison on December 29. Our flight was cancelled that morning and our tour agent said to go to the airport to book another flight as they were unable to help us. We did not find out why the flight was cancelled. The agent at the United desk in Madison helpful but not friendly. He was unable to get us on a flight to connect in Chicago. We never thought to ask if we could connect elsewhere and don't know if he checked. He said he was also checking other airlines. Delta flights were going out. We got a flight for the next day and were told the flight the day before was cancelled because our crew missed their flight. That flight did take off on time. Our connection was in Denver. When we got to Denver our flight was delayed because of mechanical reasons. When boarding finally started the electricity in Denver went out (the weather was not a factor) so by the time we boarded we missed our connecting flight in San Francisco. When we finally arrived in San Francisco we could have gotten on a flight which left in 10 minutes but they were already boarding and the flight was 20 gates away. We decided to take the next flight. Well, for that flight we had to go to the international terminal - up an elevator, down an elevator and ended up in a basement. When we got there THAT flight was delayed. They did give us water and a snack as there were no restaurants or bathrooms nearby. We finally arrived in Los Angeles 28 hours later. On our way home our flight was to go from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago. That flight was delayed because of weather in Chicago. We were going to miss our connecting flight in Chicago to Madison so we booked a later flight in Chicago. By the time we got to Chicago, that flight was cancelled. So we took the bus to Madison. The only good thing was United did reimburse us for the Chicago to Madison flight. We had also booked on United to go from Madison to Newark to Berlin this past summer and that flight was delayed so we missed our connecting flight in Newark. We rescheduled and went to Chicago then Frankfurt to Berlin. We got into Berlin 5 hours later than anticipated. Unless given NO Choice what-so-ever I will avoid flying United. The only reason I gave them two stars is because overall, other than two people, the staff were great.

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank maxinel46
Reviewed 7 March 2019

Flight was delayed coming into Belize so this put many travelers behind. We did make our connecting flight by running through the airport, but the BIGGEST cause of delay was the TSA screening we had to go through again when entering the US. For at least five minutes the entire line was made to wait for "something". We don't know what, no one was moving. One TSA agent was incredibly rude and boisterous...speaking to everyone as if we were school children. So RUDE. Then while going through, the TSA workers were loudly complaining about travelers, and I heard one saying they were pulling his bag for further search...making it sound like, I'll show him. Unbelievable. So unprofessional!! Houston clean it up!!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.