“Used to be my favorite airline carrier”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 April 2019

Arrived at EWR airport at 12:30 for a 2pm flight to Savannah, Georgia. Got to the gate and after waiting for boarding time, was sent a text near that time, that flight would be delayed because of weather. Although we had experienced light showers, it did not seem enough to delay a flight, except we later learned flight was delayed in leaving Norfolk, VA. We sat past departure time, given sporadic updates, when an individual would dare prompt the gate agent for additional info. A weather delay, became a maintenance issue, and finally the Captain & first assistance”Timing Out”. Finally 31/2 hours later, the flight was cancelled, leaving most stunned and others who had apparently gone through this before with this particular flight/airline, scrambling to book later flights. The rest eventually told to check with ticket agent desk in the gate area of Terminal A to find out what could be done! With NO guarantees. What lousy & disappointed service.

Date of travel: April 2019

Reviewed 4 April 2019

UA 85 left TLV more than an hour late, arriving at EWR an hour late. My spouse could not make her connecting UA flight (UA 1469). When it became obvious, United offered her a flight to FLL. This was throwing Br'r Rabbit into the briar patch since FLL is much closer to her house than Miami. She arrived 90 minutes later than she would have landed at MIA and was home not much later than it she's made her EWR connection.

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2019

I prefer United when I fly between Houston and Los Angeles/Orange County. They use a larger plane and are not restricted by weather conditions. Great Crew and Service!

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 4 April 2019

Booking this flight with United was cheaper than Expedia that was for sure a surprise, but the service was a better than expected. Last time I used United to fly out of the country when I went to Brazil, the flight attendants were a bit rude when I asked for water, as well help on direction when getting on and off the plane.

The only reason I booked my recent last flight to Panama City, Panama with United was because they were the cheapest price. But the outcome surprised me, and I am glad for it.

The flight at first was delayed a little, which upset me, but still left that same day. The flight crew was helpful, and friendly. Very accommodating the staff was to me. They didn't lose my luggage either which is the first time that's happened, and I was glad it didn't after previous experiences of them losing my luggage. They were no more economy seats on one flight so they upgraded me to economy plus free of charge. which was great.

The only issue I had was that like most international flights, they wasn't any free alcoholic beverages given free like most previous international flights.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2019

Our flights with United were very good. The service was excellent. However our luggage stayed in Houston for a couple extra days. It did arrive at our house fully intact.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.