“International Flight, Business Class -- Choose a different airline (except maybe American ...)”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 April 2019

Definitely not worth the price of an international, business class ticket. I would advise you to choose a different carrier. Many of the Star Alliance members will match MileagePlus points as well, so don't let that be what stops you.

-Dirty seats
-Food was worse than may economy meals I've had.
-Service was not up to par with other business class experiences

I fly United domestically quite often for work, and it's a good airline.This review is only meant to express disappointment with business class on a long-haul flight. If you are going to spend the extra money (especially if you are flying business class as a once in a lifetime experience!!), you will have a much better overall experience on a different airline.

Date of travel: March 2019
1  Thank OOOJR

Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

Apone arrival to the airport in my home town of Sacramento, I was told the flight was delayed but they would provide transportation to SFO for my connecting flight. My friends I was traveling with were told transportation would not be provided and they were on their own. We did get a voucher for a taxi to SFO. however, when we got to SFO we saw that our flight was on time and scheduled to arrive at SFO 6 minutes early. So we paid for a flight that we were told was delayed when, in fact, it was not AND United will not refund us for the flight. No voucher, credit or refund was offered. Nothing! Thank goodness for the staff on our flight out of SFO! They were amazing and did their best to make up for their employer's failures.

Reviewed 4 April 2019

Arrived at EWR airport at 12:30 for a 2pm flight to Savannah, Georgia. Got to the gate and after waiting for boarding time, was sent a text near that time, that flight would be delayed because of weather. Although we had experienced light showers, it did not seem enough to delay a flight, except we later learned flight was delayed in leaving Norfolk, VA. We sat past departure time, given sporadic updates, when an individual would dare prompt the gate agent for additional info. A weather delay, became a maintenance issue, and finally the Captain & first assistance”Timing Out”. Finally 31/2 hours later, the flight was cancelled, leaving most stunned and others who had apparently gone through this before with this particular flight/airline, scrambling to book later flights. The rest eventually told to check with ticket agent desk in the gate area of Terminal A to find out what could be done! With NO guarantees. What lousy & disappointed service.

Reviewed 4 April 2019

UA 85 left TLV more than an hour late, arriving at EWR an hour late. My spouse could not make her connecting UA flight (UA 1469). When it became obvious, United offered her a flight to FLL. This was throwing Br'r Rabbit into the briar patch since FLL is much closer to her house than Miami. She arrived 90 minutes later than she would have landed at MIA and was home not much later than it she's made her EWR connection.

Reviewed 4 April 2019

I prefer United when I fly between Houston and Los Angeles/Orange County. They use a larger plane and are not restricted by weather conditions. Great Crew and Service!

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank Barbara J
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.