“Guatemala trip”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 12 February 2020

The flight to Guatemala City went pretty smoothly and the return was just the same. You only receive a refreshemt unless you want to buy the boxed breakfast or lunch. The boxes don't look appetizing. Flight attendants were friendly and focusing on their work.

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank 739luiss
Write a reviewReviews (51,714)

Reviewed 12 February 2020

We had a good flight from Antigua to Newark and landed 35 minutes early. Then we sat on the ground for a long time waiting for a 787 to move out from the gate and then long again because the ground crew did not come to guide us in. Finally we were moved to the adjacent gate (which was empty the whole time we were waiting!) to deplane. So instead of arriving early, we were about 20 minutes late.

Date of travel: February 2020
3  Thank DonH
Reviewed 11 February 2020

I was dreading the thought of a (combined ) 18 hour flight back across time zones We left on a Tuesday at 2 pm and got home that same Tuesday before noon so there was very little time that it was actually dark outside. Nevertheless. we were fed regularly, well hydrated and the entertainment options were nearly limitless with seatback tv and movies, and WiFi to use personal electronics for games. It was not a full flight so they let my husband and me move to an empty three person row (although that may have had something to do with my husband helping a flight attendant with a heavy and badly stowed suitcase). This extra seat somewhat alleviated the issue of legroom as we could find different ways to arrange ourselves and out belongings.

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank 923joanf
Reviewed 11 February 2020

I had some problems with this airline like missing flight due to bad weather and such, and they always tried to fix my problems. Once even changed my flight because the Chicago airport was closed, so they made my flight via Miami so I could make it to my connection. The seats aren't comfortable tho, they're a bit rough and bad position, but I rather have bad seats and good service than great seats and unfriendly staff.

Date of travel: August 2019
2  Thank lottieniza
Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

All in all I was very impressed. The seats are comfy and the staff are fine. The leg room is better than I’ve experienced. The entertainment was very good with a huge selection. The food was shocking (even by plane standards). The beer was decent.
A criticism is the weird economy and the premium economy rules. If you’re in the middle section you’re economy. If you’re on the outside you’re premium economy. The difference is apparently an inch or so of leg room. At a hefty price hike. That’s it. Same cabin, same seats, same everything. With a tiny bit of extra room.
My flight outbound was nearly empty. Everyone wanted to move but nobody was allowed due to the extra charge for these barely better seats. So we were all crammed into the middle section while the other seats sat empty. In the middle of the night I ended up just moving so I could lay down. I wasn’t benefiting from the leg room as I was stretched across the seats. Nobody even noticed or said anything.
On the way back to the US an old couple just upped and moved and weren’t challenged. I don’t think they knew as the seats are so similar.

Check in was the simplest I’ve ever done. No weird questions as to where I’d been in my own country like I got from American last time I was home.

This is a good airline with good perks (I got a stupidly cheap price due to a family member’s air miles). I’d use them again and I was impressed. But don’t bother paying more for this premium economy seats! It really isn’t worth it!

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank 0TBC
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.