“Non-compliance with federal mask regulations”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 8 March 2021

ok overall but blatant non-compliance with making sure passengers wear a mask correctly. Flight attendants walk by the passengers with masks that dont fit and do not cover the nose because they are worn incorrectly and ignore the issue completely. I would not recommend this airline. Depends of the flight but reflects badly on the overall culture

2  Thank discgolfbeth
Write a reviewReviews (50,909)

Reviewed 8 March 2021

Have an international flight from Amritsar to Austin with a layover in Delhi San Francisco. Almost 27 hours of journey with the layovers, and the trip has been delayed by 10 hours with the flight being diverted to Frankfurt. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! no provision for the next flight, will have to wait for the next available layover after immigration. Tiredness stretched beyond any human limit! United should compensate its flyers for the mental and physical torture

1  Thank 366shrutik
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

This was my first time on United Airlines. Check-in desk opened four hours before departure. The process was quick and efficient. Earlier, one of the staff physically checked the print out of the Covid-19 test result and then you sign a declaration that you have had a negative test. This declaration gets retained at check-in.

Security reverted to pre-Covid-19 days and social distancing was not evident along with brazen attempts at queue jumping. Disappointed that there was no attempt to enforce sensible Covid-19 protocol.

The GVK lounge is used by many airlines including United. The usual buffet spread was not available as it was Covid-19 time. Someone took your order and brought the food in a cardboard box. Drinks were also available. This is how it is done in other airports too. Quite understandable in the circumstances and entirely adequate.

Boarding was declared on the screen in the lounge and on reaching the gate, it was total confusion! Boarding was en masse, free for all! It was not in any particular order even though the groups for boarding were printed on boarding cards. It could have been much better if there were separate queues for premium and economy. Strangely boarding was neither by class nor row numbers. Social distancing was non-existent.

This lack of order was continued at the next step which was a totally pointless exercise when all carry-on bags were once again, x-ray screened, with electronic items in trays.

Finally, one gets into the aircraft and the rest of the flight was five star.

Even though United did not offer special meals on this flight, the stewardess had the list of ingredients for their dinner menu available, which was very useful. (The website says that special meals were not available - being confined only to kosher meals between TLV and EWR).

United Airlines has lost stars for its very chaotic boarding process. Surely, there’s room for improvement in this area! They need to do better...

2  Thank Imliooper
Reviewed 7 March 2021

We were checking out our bags, not late at all, and one of the ladies said we were “too late” but continues to let other people go, but not us. She takes us to another woman who also does not let us go and gives us another boarding pass for a different flight. We went to boarding, but there were no seats left for us, and the lady never told us. They told us we would get our bags from the carousel, but they took our suitcases to Fresno and now we have no clothes or anything. Worst. Day. Ever. I will never be taking this airline again.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Arshleen
Reviewed 7 March 2021

My experience with United airlines is wonderful all of the time. The flight from Dayton to Chicago and the flight from Chicago to Colorado was so very smooth they were the smoothest flights I’ve had in years. The flight attendant who was a tall, blonde, very nice scarf believe it was blue and green and white her hair was up, I think she had glasses on. She was so nice and courteous throughout the flight and when I depart at my flight my shoestring was untied. She said let me a tie your shoe before you fall.She bent down in her skirt and heels and tied my shoe before I left the airplane. That was so nice of her I was in awe along with all the passengers that were behind me waiting so patiently thank you thank you

1  Thank Sherriandcompany
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.