“2 tickets to paradise”
Review of Volaris

Reviewed 21 November 2019

short flight friendly staff plane was clean and on time.what else do you need?
why pay more?
return flight was late but that wasn't the airlines fault.
all to and from mexico city were running 25 to 45 minutes late

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank dana s
Write a reviewReviews (6,547)

Reviewed 20 November 2019

Right on time, service was great at the gate and in flight. When flying international it is recommended you arrive several hours before your departure, do it. My only trouble with my flight was the seats are very close together, rather they are arranged for much shorter people. Next time I will pay the extra for more leg room. I was not able to put my feet flat on the floor comfortably.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 20 November 2019

I bought extra baggage allowance for my mom & when she got to Tijuana at the airport the agent told her she didn’t have that service registered. She had to get other random kind strangers give her bags to lighten her luggage. Worst of all when I asked for a refund ; I was offered a voucher so not getting my money back now. To top it off she’s currently having an issue when I’m trying to email her tickets check in for her way back . This airline is the 99cents store of airlines ; you pay for what you get. I will NEVER be flying this airline ever again & will tell everyone of it

1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

First off, me and my gf missed a flight to Guasalajara because Volaris needed us to check in THREE HOURS prior departure! Flight left at 10:20pm and we got there at 9pm and the check-ins were closed. Luckily one attendant came back to the kiosk for her food and we asked her to help us. She seemed confused and just wanted to get rid of us so she booked us a flight to Guadalajara the next day at the same time.
After we arrived at Guadalajara, we had no connecting flight to Mexico City! The lady before just wanted to eat her dinner and sent us to be stranded in Guadalajara!

Luckily, we managed to get help and we arrived in CDMX.

Then another sheetshow happened and we arrived in CDMX to fly to Guadalajara. Plane kept getting delayed. The tv screens kept saying our flight was On Time but the app called FlightView show that its delayed constantly. To the point that we might miss our connecting flight to Seattle. Derp we missed our flight and Volaris doesnt give a flying puck about it!

TLDR; Dont fly Volaris. Spend the extra money going with Delta or something. If you go over 10kg with your carry-on even by 0.05kg, they'll slap you with a $35 fee.
Leg space and seats in the plane are not comfy at all neither.

Reviewed 18 November 2019

Our flight from La Paz on way back to Tijuana, they took our carry on (with our work laptop inside) claiming that the overhead bins were full and they would check our bag at no cost. We arrived in TJ and our bag did not arrive. They told us it was "overweight" and was kept the at La Paz airport. They demanded $250.00 to put it on a flight the next day. We had to pay their extortion fee and waste an entire day driving back down to the airport Tijuana to retrieve our bag.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.