“No e-check in?”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The plains are good and the flights on time. Here ends the good part. There is no possibility to do online check in, which is unacceptable in our days. I will avoid this company in the future.

2  Thank klodyma

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I book my flight to Rome and my boarding pass said "Chris" and my passport says "Christopher" - seemingly not a big deal - on their site, they say they will do a name change at no cost. Lies. They demanded 75 euros which was more than the flight. I refused to pay and they would not let me fly. So, with limited options on last minute, I know when I have been robbed but paid for it again for the next day. This time the flight was cancelled. They routed all of us to Barcelona for an overnight wait and was routed to Sicily. I was instructed very carefully to pick up my carry on in the morning and recheck it to Sicilty. Very important. So, I arrive early the next day and stand in a very long line (a whole flight was doing this). They had only two guys, then one handling everyone. After almost two hours, the guy told me, no my bag went aboard. By this time I missed my flight. They would not put me on the next flight or refund or take any responsibility for all of this. They were happy to leave me stranded (again) this time further away from my destination. And I paid them twice for the fight WITH additional luggage! In 40 years of flying on hundreds of flights to over 60 countries, this is hands-down the most awful excuse for an airline. Please go out of business soon.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
4  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately living in Barcelona and travelling a lot for work I am forced to fly with Vueling 1-2 times a month. Sometimes the experience is correct, but the majority of times there are problems that don't make my trip neither easy not pleasant.
- I experience delay in about 40% of times
- Being considered low cost, in majority of the large airports except Barcelona the gates for Vueling are the furthest point of the airport
- I take priority in order to ensure escaping the queues and making sure my hand luggage has space next to me. Priority seats have 2-3 dedicated compartments but often they are closed and stuff (often rudely) does not permit storing anything there anyway saying it is for excellence ( and those have their own 3 compartments too). At the end of boarding they open those compartments and other people(not excellence customers) include their luggage their anyway.
- priority boarding often does not mean anything also as very often boarding is by bus, so there is no order once you get out of the bus
- the food choice while better than in many low costs, often has stock problems. Or they include Illy coffee in menu but I never managed to try one - they always say only nescafe is available.
- the website is incredibly slow and buggy. It feels like they wouldn't want me to buy from them while I sit there with my credit card in hand ready to buy.
- loyalty program I would say practically doesn't exist. They just recently changed it to be consistent with avios program same as Iberia, but the change was very painful and for several days I could not enter my account due to bugs on the website. I hope.it will be better than punto.
- I could continue a long list, as there are more problems such as customer care service not available, treatment of passengers with delays, etc...

If you have choice for timing ( and this is a problem as Vueling practically has monopoly on frequent European connections from barcelona), I recommend choosing different airline.

Oh and if you have to fly with Vueling and must check in the airport ( They don't allow web check in to all countries per the document check) make sure you come long time before. The lines are normally very long and not too fast.

4  Thank g8may
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Got caught up in the sad monarch failure so had to rebook flights and Vueling did not let us down. Aircraft modern and clean staff very friendly helpful and food was good. Would recommend and fly with again.

1  Thank Bluemott
Reviewed 20 October 2017

5 weeks ago I checked in at Rome Fiumicino for my Veuling Airlines flight to London Gatwick. I checked in an hour and a half well before the cut- off point, to be told the flight was overbooked. I was given no further information, which I asked for at the time. I was told that I should just wait to see if I got on the flight at the gate and that I would be given priority, after I explained that I was a lone parent of a small child who I needed to collect at prearranged time from a school friends house that evening, back in the UK, and, that I needed to get my connecting coach back to Cardiff, which took 5 hours + travelling time, or I would not get back that evening, and, that I had guests arriving for a wedding in the morning where we were key members of the wedding party (bridesmaids). The Veuling Airlines staff member told me I would receive a minimum of £250.00 compensation immediately, and they would put me onto another flight with ANY airline to get me back as swiftly as possible. I told her the money was no incentive to me – my concern was my child’s care.
I waited at the gate anxiously. I looked at the other people who had not been able to board. (Students, a Brazilian family, a Chinese woman – I wondered if this was coincidence). There was no announcement for volunteers to take the compensation and the 10 + people waiting started to push in front of each other to get on the flight. A family was put on but forced to leave an elderly non-English-speaking Grandmother from Brazil behind on her own. The family were told they had to board and leave her and were very upset. Already the situation was incredibly confusing and upsetting.
The airline staff then told us we had to go to the desk to be put on a flight 8 hours later. I explained I would be stuck in London for the night as I lived a long way from Gatwick. I reiterated what she had told me earlier – that she would get me another flight with any airline but she brushed this off. A fellow passenger who could not board asked the staff member if she could take us to the desk and not just abandon us at the gate with no information which she was about to do.
The staff member took the other passengers bags somewhere and I was extremely upset and crying. I found the ticket desk upstairs and asked to see the supervisor about a flight back. The staff member at the ticket desk said ‘No’. I said I couldn’t believe what I was hearing – that she was refusing me assistance. She said there was no supervisor or manager. I sat to the side crying and called Vueling Airlines Customer Services from my mobile phone.
Vuelling Airlines call staff advised me I should contact British Airways as I had booked my flight with them. I contacted British Airways and was held in a 45-min que to speak to an advisor. After half an hour of waiting (and having very little battery left on my phone), I saw the original staff member from the gate and said I was not getting any assistance and I needed to speak to a staff member. She then spotted another male member of staff, they embraced, kissed and chatted while I stood there crying and then he came over to where I was waiting by the desk with the other refused passengers from the overbooked flight.
I explained my situation, that my non-refundable couch journey departed at 15:30 pm from Gatwick, arriving in Cardiff at 20:40 and that I needed to collect my daughter that evening.
I asked about looking into other flights, he just shrugged his shoulders. I explained that the flight leaving at 7 pm would get me into Gatwick at 9:00 pm and probably making it impossible to get back home to Cardiff that night, leaving me stranded in London over night. I also explained I could not afford to buy another flight back. In front of all the other passengers queuing at the desk from my flight and passengers for upcoming Vueling flights later in the day, he said ‘Are you telling me you are travelling without any money?’. He then raised his arms and laughed, publically humiliating me. I said that it was the worst customer care I had ever received and that I did not deserve to publically humiliated and they had some responsibility to try and assist me in some way. Furthermore, I explained my social standing and A list wedding (to my personal embarrassment – why did I do that?) is beside the point. I was crying and asked him what I should do? He told me I should get someone to put money on a credit card to get me home, (I would be reimbursed by Vueling immediately on receipt of receipts) and walked off out of the airport with the female colleague (I took pictures of them leaving). I was then comforted by the other refused passengers who told me that they were also shocked by his appalling behaviour and our treatment.
I asked at the EasyJet flight desk is there were flights available to Bristol, but by this time hours had passed in an uninformed, deeply upset confusion and the flight was full. I went to the Vueling desk and said my mobile battery was dying and they told me they could not help. On return to the UK I have read Vueling should have offered us phone calls and some assistance, also food for our 8 hours wait in the airport.
I bought myself a charger and some food and tried to calm down and make arrangements for my daughter’s care in Cardiff. Online I found all later couches from Gatwick to Cardiff were full that night and no couches available till Saturday. I began looking online for overnight accommodation, trying to find care for my daughter, somewhere for my arriving guests to stay and contact the bride to say I probably wouldn’t make the wedding.
The 18:55 flight to London Gatwick was nearly an hour delayed getting off the ground. I arrived after 9 pm to Gatwick. On arriving at Gatwick - the couches to Cardiff were all fully booked. The National Train staff were concerned I would not make the connection at Reading so my only option was a Gatwick Express after 10:00 pm. I purchased a ticket for Gatwick Express and, after arriving from Gatwick to Victoria, ran to get the underground to Paddington, running with three minutes spare to board the last train to Cardiff. I would never normally travel through the night as a lone woman on a train but had to, getting into a deserted train station after 3 am to get a taxi home.
The whole experience was extremely distressing, stressful, humiliating and expensive, with the worst Customer Care I have ever experienced. I didn’t receive a single apology at the time.
On return home, and getting through the wedding shattered, I wrote of my experience to Vueling and BA to claim reimbursement for my expenses and compensation for my overbooked flight.
It is 5 weeks later – no apology, no reply, no reimbursement AND NO COMPENSATION!!!! I have spent hours on the phone speaking to different advisors, sent endless emails, copies of receipts, passport, boarding pass, bank details - you name it - always a different story, and a different excuse why I haven’t been paid. I have gone through a third party as well and I have only had the same generated response from Vueling asking me for my bank details which I have sent over and over again for weeks. I phone and they tell me its resolved now, and they are passing it onto finance, not the expenses (they said this might be looked at later!!!!????) , just the £250.00 but then I don’t get it, and phone back a week later, another, totally different excuse.
Never mind what it says in writing (when you find it yourself) you are entitled to - THEY DON'T SAVE YOU MONEY! THEY COST YOU MONEY! THEY WASTE HOURS OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO CHASE THE COMPENSATION AND THE MONEY YOU HAD TO FORK OUT OF YOUR OWN TO GET HOME EVENTUALLY, AFTER RUINING YOUR HOLIDAY AND PLANS! Never mind the stress, terrible service, humiliation, unbelievable rudeness and frustration.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank deestressed2017