“Worst airline ever”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My direct flight from Rome to Amsterdam was cancelled the morning of, just a couple hours before. They then rescheduled my flight for the following day, as a connecting flight with a 4 hour layover in Barcelona. As if that wasn’t bad enough, my flight to Barcelona was delayed another 2.5 hours. The staff was rude and unwilling to compensate us for all the inconveniences. My trip to Amsterdam was only for the weekend and they cut it a day and a half short. I will never be flying vueling again!

Also they do not offer any free drink/food services on the plane.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (14,478)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Without a doubt, the absolute worst airline known to mankind! I’m literally writing this review as I’m sitting on the plane at the gate, waiting to depart which mind you is 2 hours delayed already (they also made an announcement that the wait could be another 50 mins but can’t guarantee). I have a flight from NCE to DBV (with a connecting flight in BCN). Their website wouldn’t allow a US traveller to do online check in even though they emailed me saying I can start my check in so I was forced to check in and pay for luggage fees at the airport (which is far more expensive than online). As we had a connecting flight to catch in BCN (also Vueling) to DBV, this stupid airline needed to charge 2 luggage fees when I only had 1 check in luggage (50 euros - NCE to BCN & 50 euros - BCN to DBV ... total 100 euros). The luggage isn’t even being taken off the flight, it’s going straight to DBV so why would they charge luggage fees 2x). The luggage fee amounted to almost what I paid for the flight!!

Do yourself a favor and don’t book a flight with this airline if you want a seamless vacation...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No frills flight at a good price. The seats were not too cramped. Flight was on time and the staff was pleasant. The only thing to watch out for is the time of flight and getting to the airport. In this case the flight from Rome airport was at 5.40am, which made public transport impossible to use.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank lampuka
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a flight at 6.30 am to Florence from Barcelona, had to wake up at 4am to reach the airport and I checked the status of the flight to make sure everything was on schedule. I arrive at the airport and the situation was something I've never seen before even though im a frequent flyer: hundreds and hundreds of people everywhere waiting to be checked in and drop their bag because vueling systems were down.
Luckily i alread checked in so i asked if there was any delay to a member of Vueling staff and he assured me that everything was on schedule.
I got to the gate and still everything on schedule.
On the plane they finally announced that we had 50 minutes of delay, after 50 minutes they announced another 50 minutes due to the increase of traffic air.
This is very unprofessional and not fair at all to the customers, I will never ever fly Vueling again and I will strongly reccomend everybody to do so.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There was an electricity emergency and Schiphol Airport was shutdown, traffic was backed up due to road blockages and everything was chaos. On the news, an advisory was sent out telling everyone not to come to schiphol. We were stuck in traffic and was unable to enter the airport. While in traffic representation from various airlines were there rebooking passengers and taking their information down. They also received some sort of compensation for the inconvenience. No one was there to represent vueling.

We went back home and tried contacting vueling due to the fact that we were supposed to be traveling and they did not communicate with us nor did they update their website with any news regarding the circumstances.

We returned to the airport after everything simmered down, about an hour after our flight was scheduled to leave. Upon arrival we send sent from counter to counter until a representative told us that we were not able to fly anymore due to the fact that flights were full and we had to wait until a few days later to get on a flight. This was not a good solution seeing that we were due to return on the day they were offering us a flight.

On that same day I tried booking a flight with vueling for the same day and flights were available. I tried calling but no one responded. The next day I spoke to someone and was told that I would get a response in terms of my refund within 48hours. After 72 hours I did not receive any response and I called again. I was told to wait another 48 hours which would have then been the weekend. I mentioned this to the agent on the phone who assured me I would get an answer if not I should call. Of course they did not contact me nor did I get them on the phone.

A few days later I called and was finally told I would be issued a refund. I received a refund but I did not receive any sort of compensation. I was not pleased with the way they handled the situation. From the lack of communication to unprofessional attitude I received.

I would NOT advise anyone to fly with vueling. It was my first experience with them and would definitely be the last!!