“Terrible customer service!”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked tickets to celebrate our anniversary 18 months ago! We are not permitted into Canada and would like to fly somewhere to celebrate!! West Jet has over $5000 of our funds. Collecting interest on OUR money!

Date of travel: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (15,532)

Reviewed 6 April 2021

Hi i am Rishabh Devgan travel code is SRQNTY. I booked a flight from Prince George to Winnipeg. When i booked the flight, it was from Prince George to Vancouver, 1.5 hour stay and then Vancouver to Winnipeg. I woke up at 4 in the morning reached Vancouver at 8 Am and then they told me that my flight has 7 hours stay. Somehow i stay at Airport cause of covid guidelines. And they said this flight is going to Calgary first and then Winnipeg and there is 4 hours stay at Calgary. I waited another 4 hours and then they gave me new boarding pass and said your flight is on next morning. I was shocked. My neck, shoulder and back is hurting. I sleep at Airport all night. I use to travel with Air Canada and when they cancel a ticket they will give you hotel vouchers. Westjet did nothing. Its been 30 hours am still sitting at Calgary airport and dont know when i will reach Winnipeg. Humble request to kids abd old people dont travel with them. First time travel, worst experience Ever, Never gonna travel with Westjet Again.

Am a Local Guide with Google Maps and I want to give them 0 ratings if possible

Date of travel: April 2021
3  Thank 925rishabhd
Reviewed 30 March 2021

I had an incredibly disappointing experience with WestJet, when I tried to check in at the desk a couple minutes late, after trying first at their self-serve kiosk, where I was on time, but it was broken. They would not let me check-in with my bag unless I could "turn it into a carry-on" which I could not do because I don't have magic powers. They did not offer me any alternatives other than paying full price for the next flight, even though it was their kiosk that made me miss the check-in deadline. I spoke to multiple WJ representatives at the airport and over the phone, and no one was able to offer me any compassion or support, incredibly frustrating as it was their technology that ultimately created the delay. I rebooked my flight home on Air Canada and will never fly WestJet again.

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

They cancelled the fight, still awaiting refund 7 months later. It’s impossible to talk to anyone. I will never use them again. Avoid.

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 18 March 2021

This airline will take all of five minutes to take your money with no intention whatsoever of actually providing you a flight; 6 months and counting seeking a refund on a flight they cancelled 4 times before I eventually had to save up and take a different airline. Because of their unethical business practices I was left stranded overseas five months longer than I would have been with another airline, costing me that rent and endless stress. They still haven’t returned my money, and to top it all off they had the audacity to capitalize off the pandemic by doubling their flight prices—and then of course never actually providing a flight. I get it, pandemics are hard for business, but it’s harder for regular people with airlines taking advantage of them and taking their money. I used to be a fan but can now say I would never, ever, ever use this airline again. Even if it looks like your best option, don’t trust them and don’t give them your money. You’ll never see it again.

Date of travel: September 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.