“Sometimes perfect, sometimes not... (well, like any other airline).”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 11 October 2018

It was not a cheap ticket but we had to book few days before departure (a few weeks earlier we would probably pay 50%), Still, a good deal since other airlines do not have direct flights from Warsaw to Catania and the flight would be more expensive. The only problem was that they kept us in the bus for 45 minutes without giving any reason or excuse. But, this is what happens with air travel these days quite often Oher than that it was a smooth travel and I will use Wizz Air again.

1  Thank leszekml
Write a reviewReviews (18,261)

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Oh dear! Many airlines experience delays but we were called from a fairly comfortable wait to the Gate and down to the waiting area before the flight had even arrived. So over an hour later with nowhere to sit we were eventually allowed on to the plane. The actual flying wasn’t too bad - very economy and only one toilet working. Return journey exactly the same. The plane hadn’t arrived and when it did we had to wait on the metal steps of the terminal before being allowed to board. I think their whole communication and customer service needs to be sorted.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I haven't heard about that Hungarian budget airline until a few weeks ago but I will definitely fly with them again.

For sure it is not the comfiest flight in the world, but if it's just a short flight, a return flight for less than 60 EUR is absolutely reasonable, isn't it?

Plus, the online booking process is user-friendly, buying Wizz Air Priority is cheap and worth it as you will get an additional small bag to carry on the plane. I had to pay to choose my own seat but I did it on purpose so to download both my boarding passes before leaving: if you don’t check in before you get to the airport you’ll need to pay much more than the 5/6 Eur Priority to do it in-person.

In a nutshell: good experience, with a few things to keep in mind.

1  Thank karly123K
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Wizz Air is in a budget airline with options. You pay for what you choose to include. I chose to add the club membership, which you need for everything but the most basic service and priority boarding (which is different to pre-boarding for disabled passengers and for those with small children). It seems that Wizz Air have their stuff together. They seem well-organised and ...(dare I say it) punctual. They use the cheaper parking slots at the airports, but not the cheapest ones, far out only reachable by bus. So far it was either extension terminals with bridge or first row without bridge so that you walk to and from the plane over the airfield. This means with Wizz Air, priority boarding actually means something, you get into the plain before everybody else. You have to pay for food and drink on the plane with a credit card and you are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages brought onto the plane. I did not have the any of the food, but I was told that they have a delicious sandwich - baguette.

The booking process is easy enough, but a little bit cumbersome if you do it for the first time. The principle is that you pay for everything you want beyond the basic flight with a seat. If you are a member of the club and you buy priority boarding, you also can change your seat after the booking. You pay a small fee for the changing of seats. It took me a while to understand that. At the end of the booking process, once can chose a seat. You pay different prices for different seats. Space and location (view) seem to be the criteria. The seats are basic I have not seen more comfortable seats to book, but I might find out about the next time I fly.

The flights were uneventful and pleasant with the exception of a very strong toilette smell wafting through the airplane on the way out. At times, it was so strong that I gagged. For that they should give you compensation. On the way back nothing of that sort happened.

The crew are courteous and do their job perfectly fine. However, I would love a tiny bit more understanding of disabled passengers and the proactive offering of help when it is really needed. I also think a little smile when interacting with passengers would be a real plus, which means the service is very good but not yet excellent.

I think Wizz Air counts among the better budget airlines. I certainly will travel with them again.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018

For less than 40 euros, to get a return flight, it was totally fine. Moreover, as I had just one bag, that was really the best option. Living in Budapest I am forced to use Wizz Air, and very often they are just unprofessional, late, food on board is disgusting and all. But for this specific trip, it was way better and cheaper than the losers from Tarom, the Romanian airline that treats its customers like cattle and often delays flights for hours.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.