“Worst ever flight experience”
Review of Air India Express

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Twice I made the changes paying the fare difference and fee..since my visa was not yet confirmed.. again on the flight on 28 I was trying to make changes but unfortunately I was within 12 hours of window to make online changes since I was out of network coverage in train traveling from home town to Delhi ...changes was denied despite of calling the airlines way before the flight departure.. the no show amount for me to be refund is 36 something aed.. no thanks air india express ...keep the bonus for incriment in the class of plane you provide...dirty and all scratched planes...bus seats are better than your plane seats..trust me..
Never in my life I shall travel in your airlines...
GXRKKW

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

It's always common observation that flights from Air India to Mumbai before landing roam around in the air waiting for their turn even though they take off before time or on time from the origin. Mumbai airport is operating at 200% of its capacity and making world records for wrong reasons. Tons of fuel is burnt in the air by the queuing flights before landing near the airport. Either they should reduce number of operations at Mumbai airport or regulate take offs from origin in such a way that they can directly land duly waiting at origin and not near Mumbai airport where at present they are roaming in the air and burning fuel in the sky.

1  Thank Srinivas K
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Well it was first time i was flying Air India Express and not aware about meals served on board. We boarded the flight and was as usual normal AI flight. We were greeted by duststorm and gale winds and the flight was delayed by more than three hours but that was natures fury and nobody has any control on it. the aircraft was old and the table tray was broken, the seats had no head rest cover and many more. we were surprised when we were served jam sandwiched and glass of water. well must be running short of jam it seems.
seats are quite uncomfortable and leg space is less and cleanliness is pathetic. Overall it was average flight. the crew was good and managed very well when we were waiting for the aircraft to take off.
verdict as far as possible don't travel by Air India Express. at least they can serve meals on payment like other airlines. cl

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Only one operates to Doha directly from Mangalore which is Air India Express, convenient and cost-effective. Not much to say as a flight is on time, clean and tidy as usual. Reached on time to Qatar.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I had booked a flight from New Delhi to Vadodara (AI 819) for 27th May, ETD -1750 ( booking was actually confirmed on 27th April - A month prior to date of travelling)
On reaching airport at 1650 hours, I was told that the flight was overbooked, and no seats available.
Worst part was that I had to literally shout and request for attention towards the situation and was made to to wait for more than 30 minutes at the checkin counter.

I was given only two options, either travelling 24hrs later or to travel via ahmedabad. Since I had to reach office next morning, I had no option but to chose the second one. A flight at 1945 hrs via Ahmedabad was arranged, which apparantly got delayed and actually flew at 2115 hours (1.5 hours delay)

I have landed up reaching Vadodara at 0115 hours in the night, at an unnecessary additional expense.
My entire day has been ruined because of poor services by Air India

The crew at the check in counter were not even kind enough to talk with a solution, where I could see 2 more passengers who were also supposed to travel to Vadodara via same flight. They did not show basic courtesy, and mentioned to write “whatever” in the feedback.

I wish to know and see an immediate service recovery from Air india, and I am definitely not tavelling through Air India again.

2  Thank sonalijain3110