All reviewsheritage centrewarm welcomestayed for nightsanitatalesancestorsregaledwalks
Reviewed 7 May 2016

A wonderful place to stay as you feel you're guests of Niall and Anita rather than paying customers in a B&B. My room was excellently equipped with even an electric blanket, the shower was particularly invigorating. Downstairs you share the family lounge with its welcoming log fire and dine at the antique table surrounded by both the family and its silver.

To avoid the brain being dulled by all this comfort the conversation at dinner can by wide-reaching and stimulating and the odd glass of Old Speckled Hen makes you think you've died and gone to Heaven - but we'll leave the likelihood of that for another discussion.

Room Tip: Any of them.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Niall B, Owner at Bachuil Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you very much for your very kind review. Very much enjoyed your company and perhaps we will meet up in Faugh!

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I have never experienced such a relaxing and welcoming experience in all my travels. Niall and Anita are amazingly welcoming. A place with so much history which Niall and Anita are both well versed. The Bachuil County House, Niall and Anita, is a 'must visit'. I can't wait to have the opportunity to return and visit my new found friends. Thank you for a wonderful, pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2015

This was my first time on Lismore and I found myself in the friendliest place I've been so far on my travels around Scotland. I don't think I ever been made to feel so welcome anywhere I've been before. The rooms were excellent and I might add after Niall explained that one of the beds in my room was bought to help him with back pain (which I suffer from) I tried the same bed to awake very fresh and for the first time in years absolutely pain free.
The scenery is beautiful which I got to see a lot more of when I went running. Trails, roads, and fields to run through. Everything I needed with some directions and a lot of local history from Niall.
Dinner and breakfast were excellent. I recommend the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast.
The house is very very relaxing with a huge amount of history attached to it and that you can also read about as well as Niall and Anita telling us about the island and the clan.
I'd like to thank both Niall and Anita again for a lovely stay and even though it was only for one night you made a big impression on us and hopefully we'll be back either on business or pleasure.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2015

It has to be admitted that we arrived at Bachuil Country House with a certain sense of trepidation. Not only were we going to be living with the Baron and Baroness of Bachuil, Abbot of Lismore and Chief of a Clan MacLea ... it was also to be communal dining, something which has lots of potential for complete disaster. Nothing could have been further from the reality of our experience at Bachuil. We were made to feel so welcome by Niall and Anita that within a very short time we were totally seduced by the place and relishing the thought of apperitivo by the huge log fire followed by fascinating conversation over the meals which Anita had prepared so wonderfully. Niall could keep everyone engrossed with tales delving into his family lineage going back to pre-Roman times but we were also blessed with the company of Greg, Debs, Ailsa and Bruce from tropical Brisbane. Still don't know how they came to be on Lismore but suffice to say that their company was an absolute pleasure. We were there to 'quietly' celebrate my wife's birthday but Niall and Anita had 'quietly' organised a card, cake and bubbles so that everyone could join in .. fab! Many thanks to everyone for making it so special. We went in trepidation and came away with six friends .. can't say better than that!

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at this lovely welcoming B and B on the Isle of Lismore. The owners went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Very comfy bed, huge fire in the sitting room in the evenings and wonderful food supplied by Anita. Would strongly recommend Bachuil House for a relaxing away from everything weekend.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple