“Great Lobster and Shrimp”
Review of Calypso Grill

Calypso Grill
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in West Bay
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Our first visit and the food and atmosphere were great. Nice outdoor dining.Very crowded but they honored our reservation. Service was attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 1 February 2015

This was our third time at Calypso, we usually sit outside but it has become way too crowded to dine on the porch so we ate inside which is very cute. Our only complaint is that we were there the night of our 25th anniversary and although it was relayed to the restaurant when the reservation was made they never mentioned it plus they stuck us at a table the size of a postage stamp which didn't make for a very special evening. The food was good as always, the waitress was wonderful, I recommend it as one of the top places to dine in Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

My wife and I visit this time of year...late January, early February....and we celebrate her birthday at the Calypso every year. We repeated the mahi mahi dinner again this year because last year we considered it one of the best meals we EVER had...and we'er over 70!! The mahi is fresh, the sauce is SO TASTY, the veggies are unbelievably fresh and the tiny slivers of french fried potatos are unique. There is a wonderful view of Morgan's Harbor from inside or on the deck. The service is excellent and Chef George is always happy to chat and share experiences. He has been head chef for 15 years now. Highly recommended. Easy to get to now with the new "freeway" all the way north on West Bay.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

I wish I could talk the family into coming back so I could order two of the crab cake appetizers for a meal! This was my favorite appetizer during our 10 day trip, eating out every dinner!
Great service and great ambience!

Reviewed 31 January 2015

great spot on the water! fresh fish and attentive waiters! Ate oysters and beets salad for appetizer, and grouper stuffed with crab and spinach, and blackened mahi mahi for dinner. For dessert the strawberry rhubarb crumble was melting in my mouth! Great for celebrating, couples, and families. Can't wait to go back.