“Delicious snapper dinner - Gluten Free too”

The Cracked Conch by the Sea
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Our family of four had a lovely dinner at the Cracked Conch. Beautiful porch overlooking the ocean, great meal, good service, and good options for my daughter who has celiac disease -- she even got a delicious GF muffin to eat while we enjoyed our breads. My snapper with cream chorizo and small potatoes was so good, we went back to the restaurant on our last night so I could have it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 29 December 2014

We had a late lunch downstairs at the bar and it was just a great atmosphere. I had the blackened fish tacos and they were great. This place is really unique in that it is also a big dive spot and the divers come through the bar on the deck to jump right into the ocean. That was pretty cool to see. Prices were reasonable and the food was tasty. Definitely a great place. Thumbs up. great casual lunch spot.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Even though it's conch season, the only offerings from the namesake conch were two appetizers. The service was amateurish, the food over priced and poorly prepared and pretentious. The food lacked any depth and the plating was unattractive. We found the servers lacking in basic knowledge of the food, the preparations and the origin of the proteins.

I suspect this place will appeal to people who think spending lots of money guarantees a great meal or who are too intimidated to say what they really think of the food. The plates were left half eaten and we were just to tied to take it up with the server. Had we not just travelled 12 hours to get to the island that day, we would have spoken up. It was an expensive waste of money. Far better food at much cheaper prices are available all over grand cayman.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

Great rocky coast view! This is 1/2 block, at most, from Dolphin Discovery and Turtle Farm. Skip those and walk here for a good sandwich, good service and a fantastic view.

Reviewed 22 December 2014

Had dinner at Cracked Conch. There were many items that sounded delicious on the menu. I had the blue crab salad with avocado lime sorbet and the wild giant shrimp with ravioli. Both were really good and very flavourful. I loved that I was able to try some things I wouldn't easily get at home and it the presentation and taste were fantastic. I did ask if either option was spicy and they said no. Both my grandmother and I found the blue crab salad spicy. Admittedly I don't have any tolerance for spicy..so for those in the same situation as me - it does have some bite (luckily I could handle it). They have a huge deck to sit outside by the water which was perfect. Overall it was a really great dining experience. The service was impeccable. One thing we did all notice was, because there is a bar basically attached to the restaurant there were some patrons at the bar that swearing a lot. Totally understandable for a bar. When you are having a nice dinner and you hear it can be a bit off putting.