“Idyllic evening spot by the water”
Review of Konoba Aurora

Konoba Aurora
Ranked #24 of 83 Restaurants in Korcula Town
Price range: US$5 - US$31
Description: Konoba Aurora is located in the historic core of old town Korcula. Our chef is a true culinary artist, who gives o lot of love and attention in preparing exquisite delicacies at moderate prices. Our interesting dishes will surely tickle your imagination, cheer your palate and make you wanting one more glass of island's top wines that we offer in our wine list.
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We ate here on our first night on Korcula island. We found a table under the pine trees against the water which was perfect on a warm early September evening. We just opted for main courses, and my other half had salmon with tagliatelle and I had a steak with smoked jacket potato. The steak was lovely and the potato was interesting for flavour (char smoked with bacon) but was really cold, so lost its appeal. My fiancee really enjoyed her salmon and we had no issues with service which was friendly enough. Overall a pleasant experience in a nice location.

5  Thank Roundy

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We chose this restaurant from among several because of location and the friendly reception. The waiter was exceptional and dealt easily with my wife's cheese allergy. We asked about how quickly we wanted the courses. The food was delicious. We both had a lovely soup to start and the beef tenderloin for me and pork tenderloin for my wife. Both excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting this lovely island especially during sunset

3  Thank JandJ19
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The food was fresh and full of plenty of meat/fish however the service was poor with our waiter forgetting our starter and then subsequently bringing it out five minutes after our main with a brief "sorry" and quick exit and therefore we sent it back.
The view however is beautiful - recommend booking a table on the side next to the sea.
Overall the food is overpriced unless you are willing to pay for the view.

3  Thank Robbie S
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

If you happen to be in korçula (in korçula island) this is your restaurant. The location is beautiful in the boardwalk of the seaside, the food is very good and the waiters are kind and gentle. Don't even try the restaurant in the tiny streets inside the old town, this definitely worth the walk and the price.
Try the meat and the gnocchi, delicious!

3  Thank Agostino C
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

On a busy Thursday night during peak season we felt lucky to have been seated right away. The restaurant is located on a main walking street so this is not a quiet area to enjoy your meal. The area has two seating areas on either side of the walkway. If you sit right against the wall, great, you get a view of the water. If you sit by the restaurant, there are so many people walking in the evening, that you barely see the water. The food was average, nothing special or memorable at all. Our waitress had an attitude. Even though they have many tables, they don't even try to separate the smokers and non smokers. Prices are average and food comes out fairly fast (by European standards). I had the cucumber soup and tuna steak, neither of which I enjoyed. however my husband had the lamb and that was pretty good. Overall, I do not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank vkusnashka25