“Excellent Steak!”

Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Korcula Town
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We ate dinner here during our stay in Korcula, taking an outside table down the side of the restaurant after waiting a few minutes for this to become available. In early September the town was still buzzing in the evenngs.
For a starter we shared a plate of bruschetta which was attractively presented (see photo). Then for main I had an excellent steak, really well seasoned, succulent and large - the best I've had in a very long time. I had this with good fries. My fiancee had the homemade beef ragu and pasta which she really enjoyed too. One of our best meals during our Croatia holiday in terms of flavour, although not haute cuisine.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Went here with my daughter as recommended by our hosts at the Adriatic Pearl Korcula. We loved the food!! Highly recommended. Great assortment on the menu. We had makaruni and a mixed mixed plate and shared both. More than enough food. Can't wait to go back and try the other items!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place on our visit to korcula , had dinner and my wife and u both ordered the grilled seafood. It was very nice , not a huge saving but was so tender we thought we would try it again. Had lunch here the next day we moth had the macaroni. Not how mum made it but still very nice.
Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Visited on short stay on Korcula. Had to reserve for table outside; which led us to believe would be yet another good experience. However, compared to the level of other Croatian restaurants this did not come up to scratch. Most of our starters were acceptable but nothing more. I had the baked sheep cheese with tomato and onions. All 3 ingredients were there but little more. Now the avocado & prawn dish - well that was terrible. The prawns were distinctly off. The waiter tried to blag us that they were freshly peeled that morning; maybe the freezer bag had been cut open in the morning. Returned to the kitchen and they did take off our order. And the mussels; mostly empty and from a freezer bag. Main courses were edible but uninspiring. House wine; what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Didn't bother with desert menu.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We went to Konoba Mareta on one of our nights in Korčula and it was great! It was raining so we decided to eat inside. Our waiter was fun and very friendly, regaling us with stories of purple goats cheese when the goats ate too many plums!
Food was super tasty, I had the meat platter which was described as a 'man's dream' but I enjoyed it all the same
Great value as well, would definitely eat there again!