“Amazing restaurant with views - a must try ”

Altitude Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you have a car and can drive a bit further out from Hobart City, 100% recommend this place. We had the oysters, baked Brie, grilled prawns, pork, Barramundi curry and panna cotta for dessert. Complimentary bread a welcome surprise. Every single dish was impeccably presented and tasted amazing. Prices were on the higher end but you pay for what you get. Quality and portions were great. I always shy away from ordering pork at restaurants because it can be really dry but this was so juicy and melt in your mouth. The chef is clearly very talented and a master at plating and combining flavours. Decor was modern and beautiful with an amazing view over the bay. If I had to pick at something the service was a little inexperienced I.e knowledge of the menu etc but in saying that their attitude was top notch and given this is a relatively new restaurant (I think), I’m sure in time they will become superstars so no harm there. Heaters and blankets available for outdoor seating as it can get quite cold when the sun sets. Highly recommend this place. Hope to see the list of reviews grow this year.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Something amazing has happened on the eastern shore! That something is ALTITUDE.
Staff were amazing. Decore was to die for. From the comfortable chairs, complementary bread, amazing wine list to the little touches like blankets for those who are cold outside and masses of gluten free options this restaurant truly shines above the rest.
Food was impeccable with excellent portions and good value for money. Pork belly was the best I’ve ever eaten.
The sunset over Ralph’s Bay was as captivating as the atmosphere.
I will be telling everyone how wonderful Altitude is and I’ll be back soon to try the Gnocchi.
Thanks for delivering us a stellar dining option in Lauderdale.

Date of visit: January 2021