“Excellent as always”

Casa Medina Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Shenandoah
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Delighted to have lunch here again, just a shame it was at the start of my journey home after a lovely visit to friends in Oak Ridge North. I think the menu has changed a little since I was here (twice) last year, but I managed to finish my plate of 3 cheese enchiladas with rice & refried beans, & a side order of guacamole. I just love eating here - the staff are lovely, & the food is out of this world. On my 'to do' list for my next visit is dinner, as it's always been lunch on prior visits, so I can explore that specific menu (spinach enchiladas, I'm coming for you!) & indulge on a margarita or 3! Can not recommend highly enough & look forward to it next year, hopefully.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

When you speak about Mexican restaurants in Texas what you are referring to is actually Tex-Mex food heavy on the dried chilies with a tomato sauce undertone, often greasy. Casa Medina is NOT Tex-Mex food. The meats are very spicy without Jalepeno burn while the salad ingredient in taco and chalupa are fresh, clean and crisp. The lunch menu is extensive enough for most and the food is EXCELLENT. The service is prompt and friendly. The chef is not from Laredo or San Antonio but San Luis Mexico further south past Monterrey. The only reason for withholding a FIVE out of FIVE oles is presentation points.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Very good service, food is fresh and comes fast. Not a bad place considering the multiple Mexican places in the H-town area.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The food has changed but not in a bad way. This was always one of my favorite places because of the good food and great staff but the food changed. It is as good as before just different. If you didn't like it before give a try again.

1  Thank Sboll
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Where do i begin. Our business team was in the Woodlands area from Dec 29 thru Jan 13 2018. Our team was dining out every night in the Woodlands at the fine selection of restaurants in the area. By the 5th night we were looking for a good Mexican restaurant. The local folks recommended we go to a place next Papa Deux's. I cant ant remember the name, as we waked in and walked out, too noisy, overcrowded and the food plates look like "generic" tex-mex. We drove down the street and found Casa Medina. It was like coming home to my moms or grandmothers home. Small, cozy place, decorated nice, clean, and friendly staff. The real star is the food!!! OMG, this is the BES BEST - REAL Mexican food in this area. No Gimmicks.. Good Food and Margaritas. All 6 of us dined on various dishes and agreed.. AWESOME!!!.. We like this place so much our team of 6 dined here 3 times during our extended stay in the area. We all agreed that on our next business trip to the Woodlands area, Casa Medina will definitely be on our places to return too!!!

2  Thank dagtag