So this was a last minute holiday and I am so glad our fab travel agent (Dan) suggested Rhodes and more importantly the Amada Colossus.
The hotel is still undergoing an extensive refurbishment and some areas will be finished during the winter months. This did not affect our stay. The rooms have been well decorated and the open plan aspect didn’t bother me, the frosted door on the shower and toilet gave enough privacy for me and hubby. The bed was very comfortable and the fridge was a good size. Modern telly with a Usb port so we could watch films on our hard drive. Tv channels for English were a bit poor. The WiFi was exceptional throughout the hotel
Including by the pool as was free. Some reviews commented on the food; for me it was brilliant and the chefs coped well with the varying demands. We tried the Greek and the Italian restaurants and, though the food at both was delicious, we would have liked to try more traditional dishes. Saying that, Mr loved the eggplant salad.
Our chambermaid was wonderful. The room was cleaned daily and if we needed more toiletries, she made sure we had some. She had a smile every time she saw us and if we were in the room she cleaned later that day.
The bar staff were lovely, even the young lad who everyone seems to
Moan about on here, gave me a smile. Manners cost nothing and the staff all work tirelessly. We could make a difference to their day with a smile and a thank you.
Everyone made us feel so welcome, we really didn’t want to come home. The entertainment crew were brilliant and even on the first rainy day in 6 months, they kept us amused. The show in the amphitheater on the Monday was excellent, well thought out and entertaining with some fabulous dancing.
The only downside for me is the toilets on the water park. Whilst I love the glass doors in the bedroom, I felt uncomfortable with them in the public area for the water park. When you are in a swimming costume it feels very exposed when going to the toilet. Additionally, there are no locks on the doors and I am sure this could lead to some embarrassing situations.
The water park is amazing, however some sealant is needed on the dark green slide at the joints as these are quite sharp when going down.
All in all an absolutely amazing stay at a lovely hotel with great staff. I can’t wait to go back and see the finished refurbishment next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amada Colossos Resort, a four star plus hotel in the island of Rhodes opened its doors in July 2017 to offer the ultimate experience of Ultra All Inclusive. With 699 luxurious rooms and suites and villas at the front of one of the most beautiful beaches in Rhodes. A worldwide gastronomical experience with 16 restaurants and bars including an authentic Greek, Italian and an Asian restaurants, 4 swimming pools, 2 mini clubs for children and one full-scale water park with 6 waterslides. Be the first to experience a holiday larger than life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amada Colossos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Colossos Beach Faliraki
- Hotel Louis Colossos Beach
- Louis Colossos Beach Hotel