Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$13
View deal
Hotels.comUS$13
TravelocityUS$13
CheapTicketsUS$13
Orbitz.comUS$13
TripadvisorUS$13
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Just stayed here for one night while going up the Mekong River by boat. Fairly basic hotel but also fairly comfortable. It is right along the main drag. AC works fine and the room was clean. There is no restaurant but there is a chicken and rice place across the street in the daytime and a couple of pretty good restaurants along the river, easily within walking distance. Coffee (typical instant variety) is in the lobby. One thing to note is there is no elevator so if you are on the third floor you have to hike up 3 floors.

It was 400 baht so you can't expect a Sheraton. All in all pretty good value if you are on a budget or just need a place to sleep.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2017

After crossing the border from Laos, the tuk tuk driver took a group of us here. The Green Inn happened to be one of the two places I had narrowed my choice of hotels down to while looking for a place to stay on my phone, so it was a pleasant surprise.

The walk-in price was very reasonable. I believe it was 500 THB for a room with private bathroom (which I chose) or 100 THB per person for a room with shared bathroom. One of my solo traveller friends even got a room with four beds to himself. When he asked for a room with less beds, they moved him to a room with three beds haha.

The room itself was decent (definitely better than the one I stayed at the night before in Pakbeng, Laos). The staff at the front desk was also friendly. The Internet kept kicking me off however, and I would have to re-login every few minutes with the supplied login.

There are many frequent buses everyday to Chiang Rai, so I was in no hurry to check out the next morning. Although most of the town was shut down for Songkran (Thai New Year), I had a nice walk through town and along the river.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels I have slept. And I am not the picky type. We got a 3-beds room on 4th floor and it was really small, really bed with horrible doors. There was no hot water in the common shower and - to nail it - there was some concert by the river that made our daughter sleep impossible. Probably when there is no concert this side of the hotel is good cause the street traffic doesn't get here. While walking in the town I have seen at least 5 hotels and hostels looking better than this.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before getting the 2 day slow boat over to Laos.
We arrived late in the evening so everything was closed it seemed apart from the 7 eleven which was right next door to the guesthouse, bonus! The person on reception was there to greet us which was good because we didn't know if there would be due to the time we got there. Room decent size but bit dated. Could do with decorating, lots of dark furniture. Bed was comfortable enough. Wifi was ok and the bathroom was again a decent size. The bathroom actually looked little more modern than the bedroom.
As before an ok guesthouse to stay in for one night.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
greeninngreenriver, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Chiangkhong Green Inn Resident, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

thank you for your review. hope you have a good trip atLaos

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Nice rooms and nice beds. The people who work here are very nice. The light is not that bright in the rooms and there is no view at all, but it is easy accododation here if you have to buy some stuff before going to Laos. Spending a night here is very comfortable; you are sure of a good night sleep and clean towels and a good shower. This is what we wanted before going to Laos.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review.