All reviews junior suite thermal pools outdoor pool rooms are large perfect place breathtaking views beautiful hotel min drive wild boar few hours stayed here for one night normal pool road works the hotel sits great choice rolling tuscan hills beautiful room
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We arrived here on Friday and we had a junior suite,which was beautiful it had two bathrooms, a sitting room and a small lounge as well as a baloncy. We used the thermal pools that the hotel is famous for that come from the curative waters. The hotel sits below main road but you can't here the traffice as they are building a new road.

Room Tip: the hotel is very quiet even though a main road runs just above where it sits.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Petriolo Spa resort with the TripAdvisor community.
I am glad you enjoyed the junior suite with balcony that we reserved for you, the services of our hotel, and our Spa.

I hope to see you again in our hotel, perhaps in a different period, and I have no doubt that your vision of the hotel will change and it will inspire you to return back again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I stayed at Petriolo Resort for a work congress. The resort has the ability to offer a very relaxing stay with its charming and confortable rooms and spa and as well big meeting rooms and a very Professional and Customer minded staff.
We had the possibility to combine confortable and pleasant work place and relaxing space in a same place.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed the room that we reserved, the services of our hotel, and our Spa.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I am a returning customer.The hotel location is ideal for relaxation as you are miles away from towns and cities. The outdoor pool and the surrounding is the best point of this hotel.

The roadwork outside the hotel has been going on for more than 2 years making the access to the hotel long and tiring.

There is no TV channels for children in any languages. For a family this is a big issue.

The breakfast needs to be improved as the options for hot food do not match a top hotel standard.They need more staff for breakfast . The staff (usually 2-3) are clearly under pressure in the morning serving all customers.

Most of the staff are helpful and friendly. The new boy at the reception is not very knowledgeable, not helpful and has no enthusiasm.
The building is a bit tired and some refurbishments are needed in different places specially around outdoor pool.

The dining area is very boring compared to other restaurants in the hotel. You need to have a booking in advance to dine at the hotel.

Room Tip: junior suite with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Petriolo Spa Resort with the TripAdvisor community.
I'm glad to know that you are a returning guest and you enjoyed your stay.
We thank you for your rating and also for the courteous suggestions that we consider indispensable in order to improve our service and to bring it closer to the expectations of our guests.
I hope to have you back at our hotel to experience again the Petriolo Spa Resort.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed in the overall service received. I am a regular visitor to this area and I was very disappointed. Location is stunning but in the middle of literally no where! You must must must have a car if staying here as you will certainly want to escape to the nearby quaint villages. There is no atmosphere unfortunately that is the biggest let down. Only one restaurant and one bar the services are limited and very disappointing. Food was excellent but very fine dining so not for every night. On the plus side the room was lovely with a large terrace area to enjoy those warm evenings. I slept well as there was nothing else to do! This hotel cries out for some form of entertainment in the evening... a pianist, jazz or harpist maybe? Maybe even some wine and cheese courses that you can attend? Literally on the edge of the traditional Montalcino vineyards making the famous Brunello wine this would be a fitting addition to this otherwise lack lustre hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Katya4880
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Ms Katya,
I want to thank you for taking some of your time to review The Petriolo Spa Resort and sharing your experience with Tripadvisor community, even though we do not agree with your judgment.
I thank you, also, for having appreciated the quality of our food, the room with its large terrace, and we are happy to learn that you slept well.
That means you have been able to relax.
I regret that your review has been influenced by the location of the hotel.
I'm sorry you did not realize where the hotel was located, before coming, as its location is well marked in all publications on line and offline.
I regret, also, that you did not appreciate the atmosphere of the hotel.
The hotel is suitable for those who seek relaxation and well-being away from the stress and the frenzy of everyday life. Fortunately The Petriolo Spa Resort is receiving high approval ratings from the constant presence of a loyal customer dedicated to relaxation and well-being, and we are delighted that for the above reason the flexibility and empathy of our staff, are particularly appreciated .
I regret, finally, that I have not had the pleasure to confront with you during your stay, on the quality of staff and service, and for this reason I remain available if you feel the need to deepen these topics.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This hotel went out of its way to care for my husband and I on a recent trip. In particular the Hotel Manager was outstanding. We had a room change for a variety of reasons. Her care and attention meant a one night stay became 5.
Thank you. We will always remember your kindness.
Chris and Mary

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Chris and Mary,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the room change. We alway try to do our best to meet our guest needs and I am happy that you mentioned it in your review.

Best regards