Grand Diamond Trinidad
US$87
Orbitz.com
US$193
US$144
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$100
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
US$88
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsowners and staffbeautiful hotelmini fridgepersonal touchan added bonusmoment you arrivepublic transportationwonderful weekendgreatest assetnice personcomplimentary airport shuttlewhite marbleclose proximity to the airportbeyond the call of dutytravel arrangementsdouble bedroom amenities
Reviewed 21 January 2018

It all started well with a pick up from the airport and a ride to collect our food because the hotel did not have a restaurant. The room was clean though bed linen was not changed the 4 days we were there. Breakfast didn't offer a lot of choices, just what we were given on a plate without choices.
I initially thought the owner's wife was being very helpful when she offered her dad as the driver during our stay. She quoted $80 USD a day which I thought was reasonable. I paid the first day. When I came to check out and pay the next 2 days I was told the charge was actually $120 USD. I said I wasn't told that and he said that it was it should have been. I paid for the 2 days @ $120 because I did not want this to spoil the remaining days of my holiday. I explained that this is not how to do business and they should expect a poor review. He didn't really care. I felt I got ripped off. So if you are offered taxis service get them to put it down in writing...
The location is also not that great for exploring Trinidad. It is very close to the airport and a shopping mall but 30 mins from Port of Spain and that is where the action is. If you want a quiet location then this hotel is fine for that; but to get around will cost a bit if you cannot navigate the public taxis.

Room Tip: Double room on the ground floor appear to larger...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fellowtraveller007
pradeep d, Manager at Grand Diamond Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

hi thank you for your review but I have nothing to hide people who travel the world knows you cannot get a driver for a day for a whole island the cost was really cheap look up other tour operators here and you will see the cost we do honest good business and don't need to scam anyone ?

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Picked me up and dropped me off at the airport in a flash. Gave me breakfast and a very clean room. If you have to wait on a long connection I highly recommend this hotel at their prices especially.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
pradeep d, Manager at Grand Diamond Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

hi thank you for your keen notice we love giving great service mike

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We were just expecting a clean place to stay overnight near the airport for an early morning flight. What we got was the best service ever in a hotel anywhere. These folks are amazing. Coffee on at 4am, shuttle at 5am, need a lift to and pick up from a restaurant, no problem. Small hotel and not a lot of amenities but I don't think you can beat it for a hotel near the airport.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

hi thank you for your kind review mike

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Stayed here with my adult kids.The room and hotel were fantastic, neat, clean and very pleasant. Mike, Cindy and rest of staff were wonderful adding the genuine personal touch. Free breakfast -real breakfast of local cuisine was an added bonus. I would recommend this for any personal or business trip. A little off the beaten path but only a little. Thats what adds to its charm you really get to see true Trini life. We felt so comfortable here. I will only stay here next time I visit.

Room Tip: For just one person a single room is fine. Double bed rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TREMONT P

Hi thank you for a wonderful review great mike

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is a new hotel near the airport. It is a classic business hotel with the necessary mod cons, like A/C, etc. but is not a luxury hotel in the sense of mega-amenities. However, what truly makes this hotel great is the attention lavished by Mike and his team on the guests. From the complimentary shuttle service to the soft drinks in the room, they were just so helpful. (There was no diet Coke in the room, so they quickly sent someone out to get some...). It is also in a small neighborhood/town, so it is both a slice of local life and still very safe. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank keithinbrazil

hi great review love it mike