Lowest prices for your stay
US$269
View deal
Free cancellation until 31/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$269
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews afternoon tea lactose intolerant golf buggy cocktail menu scones the entire staff stunning surroundings classic room wedding venue beautiful property young chap jam and cream light lunch amazing venue an extra night get away from it all three course meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Amazing experience from the start. Doing a road trip for our honeymoon instead of going abroad and planned a rough route. Hotel was chosen purely by chance based on its location and we struck it lucky. Warm welcome from the moment we arrived to leaving. Food was fantastic, all staff members were friendly, and all looked genuinely happy to be working there.
The hotel has a lot of history and all the guests are free to walk around the various rooms and the gardens. It is very worth the effort to do this as there is far more to Hawkstone Hall than just a hotel.

Room tip: Main entrance can be difficult to find, drove past it twice before finding it.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rond934
Martin Hirst - Managing Director, Other at Hawkstone Hall & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Rond,

Many thanks for your review, and we are thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

TLDR: lovely hotel, we needed some more idiot proof signage for ourselves :D

We had booked to come here as a stop off on a journey home so only for one night. When following the satnav post code you get led to a kind of junction. One way is the other hotel which is closer to the golf course, the other there is a big yellow AA sign saying 'hawkstone hall' and pointing in another direction. All we could see of the road ahead was a golf course and a closed gate so we followed the AA sign. This apparently must be for the delivery vans as we had to turn round and come back. When you drive up to the wooden gate there is a tiny intercom box that rings the actual hotel who can open the gate for you. The road ahead is long and very bumpy, going directly alongside the golf course. Pulling up in front of the house is an impressive sight but again there's no signs as to where to park or that there is an overflow carpark around to the left hand side.

We arrived at about 4.30, the information said you could check in from 3pm so we were surprised to find a lot of people sat around in the area just off the reception. From what we overheard, there had been a big wedding the day before so the rooms weren't ready. This wasn't so much of an issue for us but I can understand the frustration of the people who had arrived at 3.

We went to look around while we waited as my husband had seen there were cocktails available in the Snug but when we got there it was completely empty and no sign of anyone due to be there.

In all honesty at this point I started to have a bit of a sinking feeling. I'm glad to say however that it was unfounded. The staff were lovely throughout our stay, the hall and the gardens are stunning and the food we had as part of our stay in the Hill Kitchen was beautiful. My husband used to be a chef and was very complimentary about it.

We were staying during a very warm weekend so I was a bit worried about the room being too warm but there was a very good fan in the room that we used.

As we were only staying one night we didn't get to do a great deal of exploring, we tried to book in again for later in the year but they were fully booked! Would definitely recommend and would stay there again, especially now we know where to go!

It would be nice if there was some sort of discount offered when visiting the follies if you stay at the hotel but I couldn't find any.

1  Thank miffythevampirebat

Hi,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review. Apologies for your shaky start, we can only apologise that there was a delay in getting you into your bedroom.

However we are thrilled that our staff turned it around for you, and your stay thereafter was pleasant.

I'm afraid we don't offer a discount to the Follies due to them being affiliated with a nearby hotel, Hawkstone Park.

Reviewed 22 July 2021

Absolutely first class with just minor hiccup in that the restaurant manager had not been notified of our arrival hence a ten minute delay. Having said that we were looked after exceptionally well…my wife is type two diabetic and cannot eat the sweeter cakes (scones are fine though!!) and was given another plate of sandwiches in lieu. The scones were some of the nicest I have tasted.
The whole experience of afternoon tea in such a glorious setting is not to be missed…highly recommended!

1  Thank Seaglass67

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind review of our Afternoon Tea! We would love to welcome you back at another time, maybe to experience one of our other AfternooN Tea offerings: such as the Gentleman's Afternoon Tea!

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed at Hawkstone Hall following a wedding tasting as we are marrying there in September. From the moment we pulled up, we were greeted by porters to take our bags, presented with a glass of Prosecco, and seated in the lounge where a host checked us in. We were given a spectacular suite with a view of the drive and the most enormous luxury bathroom.
Every member of staff was helpful, enthusiastic and helpful and made our stay even more special.
We even had access to a special pantry, stocking drinks and cookies and snacks!
The grounds are really picturesque, too and pleasant for an early evening stroll (just watch out for the horse flies!)
We are so glad that we booked our wedding at Hawkstone Hall and are now more excited than ever to hold our special day there.
Stunning venue, perfect service, magical experience. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind review, we cannot wait to share your special day with you!

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

Where do I start !! Firstly, I wonder if my room had even been cleaned, I lifted the toilet seat to find it hadn’t been flushed unless the cleaner got caught short and forgot to flush either way pretty disgusting. After unpacking my case I then had to re pack it and move rooms as the tv and two side lights stopped working not ideal at nearly 9pm at night. I was greeted in my new room by a dead insect and one of the windows wouldn’t open. Bearing in mind I paid £175 !!!!! Let’s move on to the restaurant …. For my evening meal I had the burger from hills kitchen now renamed Hell’s Kitchen !! Food was dry and tasteless. I had sticky toffee pudding for afters only to find hardly any sauce on it therefore making it very dry and again tasteless. The next morning I went for breakfast, I wasn’t even offered tea or coffee, absolute disgrace. I was given one piece of toast just one !!!! with no butter. I didn’t get any help to take my luggage to and from my room and staff didn’t help me when I asked how far away from the hotel a market was that I was going to visit. Surely they should have a little knowledge of the surrounding area. Quite frankly the room was a complete rip off at £175 I’d have paid them £80.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Firstly, I can only apologies about the state of your bedroom. This is definitely not the standards of which we hold ourselves to here, and I have put into the Head of Housekeeping to figure out what has happened.

I am surprised to hear of your comments on the food, as this is something we pride ourselves on here at Hawkstone, and again for your breakfast the next morning. I have noted these comments and am mentioning them at our next staff training.

Best Wishes,