“6 stars service”

Kuroyon Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels / Ryokan in Omachi
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Highly recommend their excellent (6 stars) service.

I left my jacket in the wardrobe of guest room during my stay from Apr 17-18, 2017. After sending message to the hotel, I got their prompt reply and found my jacket. I requested their help to send back the jacket to me in HONG KONG and billing the courier cost to me. They said that they pay the courier cost without any problem.
Finally, I received the jacket by this afternoon.

Thanks again for their excellent service and prompt action.

I also enjoyed very much for the western style set dinner in the hotel. No wonder can have such a great dinner of western style at a Japanese hotel.

Will visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ma T
yuk_kai, Internet booking Staff at Kuroyon Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Ma T-sama,

Thank you very much for staying at Kuroyon Royal Hotel.

I'm really glad that your jacket arrived safely.
I am sorry,normally, we will not send you lost articles free of charge.

We are delighted to have you glad with French cuisine dinner.
Our hotel chef, was studying at the three-star restaurant in France.
Cooking staff at our hotel will spend time and carefully prepare materials.

Please come again, and enjoy the delicious French cuisine!
We ara waiting for you to stay at our hotel again.

Thank you.

Internet booking Staff y_kai

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We spend one night in the hotel. Comfortable rooms, beautiful onsen, great restaurant; excellent service, dedicated staff, located in front of the bus station (for JR pass holders). Great hotel after the Takeyama Alpine Route.

I didn't rate "Excellent" one reason: staff's poor English. I wanted to get information regarding the SPA (types of message; length etc...). As we were unable to communicate in English, I finally renounce to a massage.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane j
yuk_kai, Internet booking Staff y_kai at Kuroyon Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Dear Jane j-sama,

Thank you very much for staying at Kuroyon Royal Hotel.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience that the staff could not speak English.
English! Tense and become, attitude will be, because ... you do not speak anything after all, it is a bad habit of many Japanese.

Of course the staff will learn English,
Guide pamphlet in your room,
I will increase the English version.

For example, I will try to make it easy to understand kind of massage and fee.

Nothing is more serious than going to a foreign country and being unable to communicate with your words.
This time, there was no really sorry.
Thank you for your precious opinion.

Thank you.

Internet booking Staff y_kai

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in June. Very convenient to reach (bus drops off and picks up at a dedicated stop) and a great place to stop after (or before if coming in from Matsumoto side) traversing the Alpine route.

The hotel facilities are great, the onsen is good (multiple baths, different temperatures, including outdoors), and the staff very helpful (and spoke good English).

Dinner and breakfast was included during our stay, for which there were two restaurants: a Western/French style and Japanese style. We chose the Japanese (despite the lack of an English version of the menu) and were delighted with the meal. The food was outstanding, probably the best I have had in any restaurant in Japan, and the chef even catered for my vegetarian travel companion by making a totally custom meal (note we gave advance warning re: the dietary requirements).

Overall, one of the best hotels I have stayed in during visits to Japan, made more special due to the fantastic dinner, and highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mmeeff
yuk_kai, Internet reservation charge, at Kuroyon Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear mmeeff,

Thank you for staying in "Kuroyon Royal Hotel".
Thank you for your review.

The hotel is, from Omachi, Nagano Prefecture side,to enter the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, nearest,is useful.

Hot springs, there are indoor bath and open-air bath.
And there is a family bath that can be chartered.

"Cypress bath" in the indoor bath, the temperature of the hot spring has been kept at 37 degrees.
Therefore, it is more than 20 minutes of the sitz bath, it is said to be good for health.
Turn slowly to the hot springs in the child's sensitive to heat.
Other hot spring is 42 degrees.
Hot Springs is replaced completely every day, is what fresh "over flow".

Staff can speak fluent English is not cage, but make an effort to be able to communicate.

The hotel's restaurant is, there is a "French cuisine", "Japanese cuisine".
"French cuisine", "Japanese cuisine" together, it is possible to order a look at the accommodation on the day menu.

When it was possible If, "vegetarian" and "Allergy", please contact a few days before the check-in day. That way, you can create a more wonderful cuisine.

Both of our hotel, "French cuisine", "Japanese food", "good cuisine craftsman" has aligned.
Delicious cuisine of each season, is proud of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Kuroyon Royal Hotel
Internet reservation charge

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Very nice and friendly hotel before our Alpen Route trip next morning.
Staffs are very helpful despite unable to communicate well in English.
Dinner in French restaurant was good but quite expensive.
Very nice to have spa after dinner but water temperature was too high.
Just relax and prepare for the next day trip.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sueng04
yuk_kai, Internet reservation at Kuroyon Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Sueng04,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that you found our location to be ideal and of value,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We arrived during heavy snow fall and the next morning there was about 50cm of fresh snow! Amazing view from the room, from the breakfast room and around the hotel. Only Western style breakfast was available the morning we were there, don't know why. Reception was friendly and all kinds of stuff available to use (snow boots etc.).
Huge entrance hall, but the hotel was virtually empty (or so it seemed).
Good onsen in the hotel, with a small outdoor bath (which was amazing with the freshly fallen snow). Japanese style room was OK for 2, but definitely not for 4 (it's listed as being big enough for 4). The futon was very thin, so not very comfortable. I did expect a better quality of futon for this kind of hotel.
But overall, very good service and good value!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omachi
Hotel Tateyama
#15 of 24 in Omachi
Omachi Onsen KANOYA
Omachi Onsen KANOYA
#16 of 24 in Omachi

Been to Kuroyon Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!