ZenHotels.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed a night as a family of 2 adults and a 7 year old. Private bath was unavailable while we stayed but it wasn't a huge issue. We had fun going around the different onsens in town donning the yukatas. A cozy place to return to during the winter night we stayed. Dinner was exceptional. 2 and a half large crabs were served to 3 of us which was as much crab as we could eat. The futons that were laid out after was so comfortable that it was hard to get out of in the morning haha.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tnyh
Reviewed 19 December 2018 via mobile

Great location - around 7-8 minutes walk from the train station.
Good Service - front desk staff are able to speak English, other staff are helpful even they don't speak English.
Good food - crab was fresh and yummy. Wagu beef also juicy but not too oil, just too bad that there's only 2 pieces.
Hotel - it doesn't look as new as the photos.
Room - particularly my room (the Special Room in bigger size and facing the garden), that looks a bit tired and needs to be renewed. Hot water of my sink ran quite slowly, the icy water took over 10 minutes to become warm and the tap is being taken off by me.
Price - to be honest, I will consider it is quite overpriced, ¥54,000 for 2 persons with 2 meals. Since there's no in-room onsen and the room condition is just so-so.
The 3 stars I gave were mainly for food and service.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

On our second night, we moved to this ryokan which is very centrally located. We had a room facing the street and river. It was kind of nice to be able to enjoy the night view of Kinosaki Onsen from your room. Food wise was great and so were the staff which were very helpful. This ryokan has a rather big bathing area cum onsen within their facilities.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night & tried all 7 public onsen using the free pass within 1 day. Quite worth it! Tried the ryokan's onsen which is great with outdoor & indoor pools, most importantly, there are more lotions & conditioner provided which the public ones lack. We had beef & crab for dinner & fish for breakfast, both are great! Our room is 8 tatami sized with additional balcony, toilet & a separate bathroom which is not used at all. Room view is facing a well-groomed garden. Very nice scenery! Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed for one night, booked two rooms for two families (total of 7 people) as the other ryokan I wanted to stay in was booked out. The price was high (as are all ryokan) but actually on the lower side within Kinosaki Onsen. The location was fantastic, right in main area and you can get to most bathhouses quite easily. Because we had two families, we requested to have dinner together and were allocated a separate room for dining. Because most of my family is more comfortable speaking Chinese, they assigned a (Taiwanese?) Chinese-speaking lady to serve us dinner. She was friendly and engaged in conversation with us, but if you've ever experienced Japanese hospitality you'd know it's not quite up to par. I think to my family members (who can't speak Japanese) they would definitely prefer this over a hostess who only spoke Japanese (in which I'd have to translate everything). The food was great, everybody loved it. I would certainly return and recommend to others.

Date of stay: March 2018