All reviews residential area japanese garden kaiseki dinner excellent onsen airport pick kagoshima simple ryokan spring
Reviewed 24 May 2018

A very quiet and authentic hotel due to limited number of room in the hotel. Great food and service at the restaurant. Onsen is well setup although water can be hotter in the open air onsen. Would make the stay perfect if guests were also sent to front door at departure.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Antonio L
yakakutei, 広報担当マネージャー at Yakakutei, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Antonio L,

First of all, we thank you very much for choosing our ryokan.
We are really pleased to receive your review and truly glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our service and hospitality was reached to your satisfaction.

We hope seeing you again.
Best wishes,
A traditioanl style Japanese inn serving kaiseki course dinner with home-grown beef and natural hot springs which was loved by famous historical person.
Y A K A K U T E I

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Nice food ,nice onsen, and people’s are so nice and polite, the location is good, there are supermarket nearby, it’s so near with the airport, highly recommend to stay when leave Kagoshima, will visit again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
yakakutei, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Yakakutei, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

To kikii2018
Thank you very much for using our hotel.
Thank you for complimenting a lot.
All the staff, I'm very happy to have you with meals and hot springs.
The hotel is close to Kagoshima Airport and there is a supermarket in front of me so it is good for transportation.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
YAKAKUTEI ANNA

Reviewed 4 March 2018

They offer free car pick-up, which was a great relieve to me as the location seems not that easy to find.
The room is actually quite simple. The hotspring there was nice.
Food was great, a bit pricy though.
When I get back to the room after the dinner, someone already helped me to set up the matt for me to sleep.
They also offered to send me to the nearest train station for free.
Would definitely book this Ryokan again if I come back to Kagaoshima.

Room tip: better ask them to pick you up
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

To Nikki W
Thank you for using this time.
It seems that you have had a good time and all the staff are happy.
I am glad to have your meal satisfied.
We will be waiting for you when you come back to Kagoshima.
Thank you very much.
YAKAKUTEI ANNA

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Not worth as the price, food not OK. Stay many times at hot spring, this is the worst one. Food so common. My friend stay at different room, they want to eat with us at our room. But tell me that they need to pay money to upgrade the food. I don't know why. Told many times just only eat with us. But at last, they can come to eat with us at our room and no need to pay. But I need to talk many many times with hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
yakakutei, お客様担当マネージャー at Yakakutei, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Our Valued Guest, "Pui Shan W"

First of all,
We thank you very much for your stay in our ryokan "YAKAKUTEI".
In regards to your review, it is very unfortunate that our meals specializing of local taste weren't suit your taste.
Also, we assume that there were some misunderstandings about how we serve the meal to room.
As we have investigated, our staff was simply asking your permission to serve different type of course meal in one room because of your request to serve in your room all together with your friend, but the accommodation plan of you and your friend were different, therefore we had to inform you and ask for your understanding of this difference according to your reserved plan, and we simply offered you the upgrade plan to match your friend's plan. It was just for the "Option".
Anyway, we do respect your point of view and your review will be our source to consider of better way.
Obviously, there were some miscommunication, and we do apologies if we made you confuse.

Best wishes,
- YAKAKUTEI -

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I chose Yakakutei because of the pick up service to airport, and didn't have much expectation at first. However, I was impressed by the public bath. Is was bigger that I expect. There are 3 types of outdoor onsen with different style and temperature, all are very enjoyable. Staff are friendly and helpful. The Japanese garden is beautiful and peaceful .

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
yakakutei, 広報担当マネージャー at Yakakutei, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear siuloi,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at out ryokan.
And, we are truly pleased to receive your wonderful review which is mentioned about our onsen, garden and service.

Again, we thank you very much for your kindness and wishing you to visit our ryokan again by any chance.

Best regards,