All reviews private bath long beach bed yukata baths guests taste squid dinner japan
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I went with my boyfriend to enjoy a traditional Japanese-style hotel including the Onsen experience. Shioyu naginoto exceeded our expectations and was a delightful experience. They have traditional yukatas you can wear and makes you feel part of the environment. We booked on advance ( it was one of the perks of being a guest in the hotel) the family onsen, a private bath, with sauna and a bed to relax after taking a long and well deserved bath. Usually, Japanese baths are either for men or women, but if you want to experience it with your family or as a couple, I recommend considering this option ( they also have public baths with incredible ocean view that you can use as well.
We chose the all-inclusive meal plan ( dinner and breakfast) and they were worth every yen ( and even more), they even had a complimentary all-you-can-drink lounge that guests can use before or after dinner. Just amazing! I would like to recommend doing a sake taste ( which wasn't included) while enjoying your superb dinner.
Breakfast was out of this world, a set of more than 20 little dishes for you to enjoy and try different flavors.
The staff spoke perfect English and was so friendly, we received a free upgrade to an ocean-view room which made our stay even more perfect!
I cannot say enough about our experience but highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
ホテルマネージャー, 支配人 at Shioyu Naginoto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Jocelyn,

Greetings from Karatsu, Japan. First of all, thank you for your staying with us and great review on Tripadvisor. Our staffs are very happy to see your satisfaction and pleasure between the words on your review. I delivered those to our related staff to fuel them for better services and hospitality. You every kind words is being good cheering especially in this kind of time - Karatsu also has met heavy rain last week. We also check in every way for your opinion regarding our bath, of course. Our staffs are also very glad that your have satisfied with our dinner and all-you-can-drink lounge, Self-serviced-bar Tsuru. It is our pleasure to read such a good compliments.
We strongly hope you have a sound trip to your home town, and also made more cherish memories, also hope we can see you on your next Japan trip in the nearest future.

Again, thank you very much staying with us.

Shioyunaginoto General Manager
Keiji, Takayama

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We were lucky enough to stay four nights here last week, in a room with an ocean view.

The list of things we liked is a very long one - the location, with the beach and atmospheric and lovely pine forest, the super room where even the flowers get changed every day (the flower arrangements are a wonder in themselves), the baths that were just the right temperature, the food - authentic Japanese breakfast, unfamiliar but a delight just to look at. We had an evening meal (the beef) that we really enjoyed; the reason we only ate there once being that we were too busy exploring and buying pottery.
Especially if you have a JR pass, Hamasaki is only a few stops from Karatsu. You can walk there if you are keen, maybe part through the forest and part through the beach, or get off the train half way and walk the rest. We loved the Karatsu ware pottery, and seeing the old climbing kiln to the southeast of the station about 600 yards away over the little river
If you're after a relaxing break, then it's fair to say we haven't stayed anywhere much better than this. Sleeping every night with the sound of the sea...
And, like any truly good hotel, its best asset is its unfailingly charming and attentive staff, who are genuinely interested in making your stay memorable.
We were sad to leave.

Room Tip: Get a superior ocean room
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HackworthDW
ホテルマネージャー, 支配人 at Shioyu Naginoto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear sir,

Thank you for staying with us, and our Staffs and Managers are truly happy that you satisfied with our facilities and services. We will continuously do our best to provide a good services and memorable time to our respectful guests.

Hope you had a sound journey to your home town, and we are looking forward to see you again in nearest future.

Again, thank you for your staying.

Warmest Regards
Shioyunaginoto General Manager
Keiji Takayama

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Before we checked in, I messaged the hotel asking for a shuttle to pick us up at the train station, and they have sent a car right at the moment we arrived. I only found out upon returning home that the web marketing manager has sent message asking for more information as they were unable to locate my booking (because we used another name in booking). I am so grateful that they still sent the car despite my non-respond. The web marketing manager wrote perfectly good English and responded efficiently too.
Our group of three stayed two nights in the seaview room. It has open view of the very long beach. We saw the most magnificent sunset at the open bath. Hamasaki is a small and quiet town. It's relaxing walking around town, and you won't see many people around. We went to several small family diners and people there were very friendly despite language barriers.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sayid J, マネージャー at Shioyu Naginoto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear guest,

Hello. Thank you for your review and lovelycomments.
First of all, I am very sorry for delayed answer. I've heard that you have successfully arrived at our Ryokan, and stayed as well.

Our staffs felt very happy to see your comments, and it could be another energy to serve other guests from our heart. Personally I was also very happy to see your comment that you enjoyed your stay at our Ryokan.

Hope you had sound trip to your home, and also hope your staying became a cherish memories with your loving ones.

Again, Thank you very much for your staying at our Ryokan.
I strongly hope we can see you again in nearest future.

Thank you very much.

Warmest Regards
Sayid Jung
Web Marketing Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

-nice ocean view
-great gaiseki dinner and amazing breakfast
-free of charge self bar
-wonderful staff

but, need to improve onsen, especially rotenburo such as cleaning and temperature control.

Globally fully satisfied and highly recommend

JHH

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Sayid J, 支配人 at Shioyu Naginoto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Jaehyun,

Thank you for staying our Ryokan, and also appreciate your review about your staying. We are glad that you satisfied with our services, in general. We, however, are sorry about the outdoor open bath. We agree that needs some improvements, regarding temperature and cleaning, especially in early morning.
We are working on the boiling system of bath and operation process, and promise you that we will improve those in shortly.
Again, thank you for staying at our Ryokan and your pointing out. We are looking forward to see you again.

Best Regards
Shioyu Naginoto

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had a wonderful stay here - I wished I had booked two nights instead of just one! Karatsu makes a great weekend getaway. We drove into town from Fukuoka, and the hotel was easy to find with a large parking lot next door with ample spaces available.

The ryokan itself is beautifully designed, new and spotless. The aesthetic is modern yet traditional, and I loved the gorgeous artistic flower arrangements throughout. When checking in you get to choose from a vast array of yukata robe designs, which I thought was quite fun. We had a superior ocean-view room which was spacious, really relaxing and quiet. The view was lovely, and I enjoyed the flowers and decor of the room. We had a private bath and it included lots of bath amenities like hair dryer/styling tools. Air conditioning kept the room at the perfect temperature.

We went to the public baths, and while the indoor bath was nice with a large size pool, my favorite area was the open-air bath, where I could see the stars and listen to the ocean. I wish I had thought to book the family bath in advance - they were all booked for the night by the time I asked after checking in.

Breakfast was another highlight of the stay! It's included in the rate; there was so much food, and you get to grill fish on your own little charcoal brazier. Loved it! The only thing we didn't try at the hotel was dinner - we ended up at an amazing sushi place in town instead. If I'm in the area again I will definitely stay here; the price I got through Expedia was a steal for such a luxurious ryokan.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Sayid J, マネージャー at Shioyu Naginoto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear kibo47,

Hello.
Greetings from Karatsu, Japan. We are very happy to hear that you had enjoyed staying at our Ryokan.
We strongly recommend to try our traditional Kaiseki course cuisine with various squid fish sashimi and other seasonal dishes for your next visit.
We are looking forward to see you again, and we definitely do our best to make your another best vacation.
Thank you for your staying and great comment.

Jung