Yunomineso(Tanabe)
US$222
US$145
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$352
Bijintei(Tanabe)
TripAdvisor
Ayukawasanso(Tanabe)
Agoda.com
All reviewsmixed gendertop floorboth breakfast and dinneroutdoor baththe riverriversidekimonoforestshrinemealsguestsryokanonsenbathstrail
Reviewed 25 June 2017

- Nice outdoor bath by the river, mixed in the night which suited me and my fiancee (who was wearing a traditional type of Kimono to be worn inside the Onsen).
- Very helpful staff
- As with a lot of other Onsen places, it had slightly outdated facilities but this added to its charme.
- It was very quiet but possibly due to few guests as there was low season. This however suited me as I got two good nights of sleep.
- I was also running in the surrounding back streets (towards Mt. Atago), which was good as there was virtually no traffic.

Overall I had a very good experience and I would have liked to stay a little bit more.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emu901
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst completing the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail. The staff from the moment you arrive are unbelievable and can't do enough for you. The rooms are typical Japanese style and our room 802 on top floor had great views of the river.

The food although mainly Japanese style is very good. The reception staff will do anything from arranging shuttle bus to take us to start of walk to getting us extra pillows.

We couldn't praise this hotel enough.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pburgess2016
Reviewed 7 February 2017

The hotel is perfect with full on Japanese meals and rooms, Karaoke was the greatest and unfortunately we ran out of beer, but that's OK. Although I could not use the Onsen because of my tattoos (and four others of our group too). It's about time they let people with tattoos in. We walked down the road to the river and used the outdoor Onsen which was far, far better. This was probably the best accommodation in Japan we had. And I loved wearing the Yukata.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank holden4100
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel, amazing surroundings....and of course amazing food and onsen! My favorite place of our 20 day vacation in japan. There was a moment that we had 10 eagles flying above our heads near this Kumano Kodo area! Nature lovers❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReneeNovelo
Reviewed 16 November 2016

The fact that I saw this as quite the reward after some hard yakka walking the komono may have influenced my rating, but this really is a fantastic hotel for some well-deserved pampering. The room is exactly as advertised - very spacious, comfortable, clean with all mod cons (I had a Japanese room) with a fabulous view which I have uploaded. The restaurant is huge and food great: mostly Japanese but with some western delights as well.

Room Tip: Choose a Japanese room (Ie has a futon bed) for the experience. Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo