“Very particular luxury traveler that insists on comfort and quiet”
Review of Chigdem Hotel

Chigdem Hotel
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Alacati
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I never write reviews, unless there is some compelling reason (like a coupon from big travel sites), but this the exception. You will not be disappointed staying here! Its more of a private, luxury bed and breakfast (probably 12-15 rooms) that you might find in Newport, Rhode Island, than a formal chain hotel. I'm extremely particular about where I stay when I travel so after a fairly exhaustive Google and TripAdvisor search I decided on this property because it came up when I searched for 'quiet' and 'trip advisor' in the Alacati area. Also, I thought the extensive positive reviews of this property spoke volumes.

Bahadir will take incredible care of you. And whatever you do, DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST!!!

P.S. You will be traveling in Turkey, and thus, there are early morning calls to prayer all throughout this incredible country.

Room Tip: Beds are extremely comfortable. DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST! Property design is simple and classy with ant...

Reviewed 11 April 2015

Let me start this review by saying that we absolutely did love this place: it's situated on a hill but very close to all parts of Alacati, the breakfast is marvelous and LARGE, the owners are wonderful people who went out of their way to show us good time. They made sure we knew where Asma was, gave us plentiful amounts of tea and coffee and cakes in the afternoon. The rooms are beautiful, well-appointed, and the heater/AC works fine. It's a bucolic property that, had we not arrived in winter conditions, I would have taken full advantage of. As others mentioned, don't rely on Google Maps or any other mapping system -- all their locations are wrong.

The only thing during our stay is the sound proofing. We stayed in a bottom level room, and around 2am, our upstairs neighbors and side neighbors checked in. This led to essentially 2 hours of banging around, moving chairs, a baby crying, children screaming, which resonated throughout our room. This led us to leave a day earlier than planned.

I really want to give this property 5 stars. I really really want to. The length of this review alone is a testament to how torn I am. But when I leave tired and grumpy from only 6 hours of sleep because of the lack of sound insulation, I can't reasonably give full marks. Granted this experience is probably rare, but it marred our experience.

2  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 8 April 2015

My husband and I shared a delightful 2 days from 31st March - 2 April. I can't praise Chigdem (the owner after whom it's named) enough. She whisked us off in her car the next morning to show us the shore at Alacati (windy town but fabulously quaint), then to Ilica and then dropped us off at Cesme (where we enjoyed a cuppa and took the bus back to Alacati town according to her advise). I just mentioned wanting an extra duvet and got two! The room was sooo cute (all blue). Every room has a colour theme down to the hand towels and knick knacks everywhere. Adorable room, hospitality and oh - the cherry on the cake - the breakfast!!!! Gosh, that was something else...a MASSIVE mezze spread, freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs to order, a hot traditional snack (a new one daily) and a beautifully arranged fruit platter...need I say more? That was the best breakfast during our fab 10 day trip in Turkey. A stay here is an experience for the senses, but above all Chigdem deserves an A+ in warmth! And not to forget the lovely tea and cake & savoury that awaits you at tea time! What we loved was the privacy in terms of location, and yet being a stone's throw from the main buzz (which I believe can get loud during the peak summer season). Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I loved the room on the ground floor overlooking the pool (the blue room)
Reviewed 12 January 2015

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in June 2014 in the honeymoon suite. I loved this hotel so much. I would definitely recommend. It's a very quiet and peaceful hotel, and the staff really do offer a personal service. I once asked if they had a chocolate cake, and the waiter said they don't but they will go and get me one! Although I insisted they don't go out their way, they still went and got me a chocolate cake which was very kind.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canan_unal
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Hotel Chigdem is named after the owner who properly welcomes you into her family at this lovely retreat in a special corner of Alacati, That is not to say they are intrusive or try too hard, it is to say they are friendly, helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay - like the concierge at a top hotel, but with a personal touch. Recommendations for restaurants, parking, routes, are all given freely with no pressure - on our first night Chigdem herself walked with us into town to help us find a restaurant and ensure we were treated well. Chatting to the family over a cup of tea and cake in the afternoon is a such a pleasant part of the stay.

The hotel is based in a beautifully restored building at the quiet end of town, but a very short walk from everything you may wish to visit. The rooms are wonderfully clean, well appointed and have all you need. The small pool is clean and the decking a nice place to relax. There is free parking outside the door. And then there is the breakfast. A personal meze of sweet and savoury which changes every day and eggs to order, offers more than the heartiest appetite can manage, it is a delight that keeps coming, dish after dish - accompanied by the never ending tea and coffee. All served with a friendly smile.

Alacati itself is a friendly welcoming place, but this hotel makes you feel part of it. Chigdem please don't change a thing. Tesekkur ederim!

Room Tip: There are 11 rooms - I am certain there is not a bad one :-)
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OTTowner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alacati
0.4 km away
4.4 km away
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Cesme
6.4 km away
Boyalik Beach Hotel & Spa Cesme

Been to Chigdem Hotel? Share your experiences!