Alavya
    • Restaurant
    • Breakfast included
      1850 Hotel Alacati(Alacati)
        Excellent 5/5
        All reviewstake homeyoga instructorturkeya true geminterior designalacati townspagardenhospitality
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I visited Alavya in August 2015. Based on the reviews, pictures, and the price of course, we had high expectations from this place which turned into a big disappointment. Before I get into the details, please note I'm not the average snub who writes bad reviews for every place, but the reviews for Alavya are miles away from my experience so I want to share what I observed.

First of all, this place doesn't have a proper reception. The people sitting there are also answering external calls, taking reservations (over lengthy conversations) so as a paying guests you have to wait for the most basic hotel services.

We arrived at Alavya at about 1 pm. We were (ungently) reminded that check-in time was 3 pm but our room will be ready soon and we were taken to the hotel's bar. After an hours wait, I went back to check and the person at the reception told me the room will be ready in five minutes, but nothing happened in the next 45 minutes because she was taking reservations and was too busy to notify us that our room was ready.

During or after our check-in, none of the hotel employees bothered to give us the lay of the land there, the amenities, what's included in our package etc. Overall, the welcoming experience is at the level of a 2 star hotel.

The same afternoon I went back to the reception and asked how I can book a yoga lesson. The helpful person told me I need to speak to the spa and gave me instructions with her hand on how to get there. When I asked her if she can do it for me, she looked at me as if I asked her to do the most ridiculous job. Anyway, she finally booked the lesson for me. When I showed up at the yoga studio the next morning, the instructor told me that she was already booked for that time slot. Simply put, this is amateur service!

Our check-out was no different. I carried all our suitcases to the lobby myself. I received the final bill, made the payment, and when I asked for an invoice I got the "how dare you" look again. I think they are required to provide an invoice by law, but they provide you an attitude when you ask for it.

Other general observations include... There were no towels at the pool one afternoon and had to wait for half an hour, there are long periods where the pool and breakfast area are unattended so you have to wait for a cup of tea in the middle of your breakfast, and if you are not a heavy sleeper, you may not be able to sleep until very late as the music starts blasting from neighboring properties and goes until god knows when.

I give Alavya two stars for the beautiful property and impressive architecture, and the nice yoga instructor who was the only person who showed us some hospitality during our visit.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
        3  Thank Baris G
        Reviewed 17 August 2015

As a surprise for my girlfriend, I booked a romantic break to Alaçati and after much deliberation decided to stay at Alavya.

After being shown to our room, we were brought a chilled non-alcoholic cocktail whilst we unpacked. The room itself was extremely well appointed, including flip-flops, steam cleaner and hair conditioner (apparently this is how my girlfriend judges hotels!). The bed was luxurious and greatly conducive to a good night's sleep.

The pool was refreshing, and the staff attentive. The only criticism would be that some other guests tend to occupy the more elaborate seating rather more than their fair share of the time. Neither of us availed ourselves of the gym or yoga classes available, but the other guests seemed to enjoy them.

Breakfast was a mixed affair, with the buffet being comprehensive and delicious, but lacking anything cooked (boiled eggs were available on request) In addition to charging extra for any hot dishes, all drinks other than tea, water and Turkish coffee were subject to a fee, which was disappointing.

If you are not keen on venturing beyond the hotel walls, the MITU restaurant is well worth a visit, offering a good value fine dining experience. Although the wealth of nearby restaurants that comes from the central location should not be ignored, it's best to ask reception to book you a table ahead of time!

The Ilica beach is only ~2.5 kilometres away, which is easily within walking distance if you care to brave the heat. Other attractions are a short cab-ride away, but be sure to clearly state where you wish to go!

A first-class experience, and easily worth a second visit.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel with an emphasis on wellness. Alexis Gulliver offers great stretching and yoga classes. The restaurant on site has nice dishes and on Wednesday and Friday evenings there is a jazz duo (Derya and Cenk) who performs. They are incredibly talented and anyone in the area should plan to at least have drinks at the bar simply to listen to them. They are going places. The hotel offers little gifts like teddy bears and kaleidoscopes, which is a nice touch. The pool is a relaxing place to spend the day lounging.
        Great hotel. Located right in the middle of the village. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed three nights at Alavya in two rooms. On our arrival we were upgraded in one room and had a large suite. A magical small boutique hotel, a glorious pool, a short taxi to Ilyga beach (where we went each day). The hotel was a bit noisy at night because of a nearby nightclub but overall a minor inconvenience. A truly magical stay overall!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
        Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Must see !!!

Best relaxing hotel in Turkey !
        it just middle of the town and meantime middle of nowhere , so nice to have both .
        Excelent location, excelent kitchen.
        Premium Rooms with the best beds !!

Steps away from town center amd öany famous alacati night life.

Thank you alavya for the delicious food and hospitality!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family