Lowest prices for your stay
US$41
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
TravelocityUS$41
Booking.comUS$22
CheapTicketsUS$41
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2015

This hotel has pros and cons.
Pros :
1. Its cheap but don't expect much from it
2. Near the beach, restaurants, shopping
3. Has all u need in the room for a nite stay (bed, bathroom, tv, cupboard)

Cons :
1. Your room faces other rooms, as you can see in my pix (you can see other people's laundry as you open your room door)
2. The room only comes with fan (the island's weather is rather humid) so you may feel sticky and unclean even in the room.
3. i had cobweb in my room (pix attached)
4. my toilet light didnt work. i told reception twice or more but was informed that their foreman is working at other place and not available. (so we had to spend a nite without the toilet lights)
5. the blanket on the bed is just a big towel.. its not comfy but it serve the purpose because the room is not cold at nite as you only have the fan!

Overall, my view on this hotel is, if you have no choice due to budget, room availability, or any other reason then pls do take this hotel as it has all you need. But if you can spare just a little bit more then there are other hotels that is much more comfortable and reasonable.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2015

Everything needs to be viewed in context. Koh Lipe gets really busy, especially at weekends when half of Thailand and Malaysia seem to descend on this tiny yet beautiful island. These visitors are happy to spend as their money doesn't need to last so naturally it drives the price of rooms up. This is simple economics.

Forget what you think might apply to other islands, this is a unique situation. When you disembark from the speedboat or ferry without having booked accommodation and your shoulders slowly drop further and further at the seemingly astronomical prices charged for the accommodation (if you can find anywhere that has a vacancy) then think about Baan Kasirin.

My experience of walking up and down a scorching beach, looking for anywhere that I can afford or even has an available room was exhausting and Baan Kasirin at that very moment had everything I needed and all to myself in a private room. It was affordable, centrally located for access to beaches and the Walking Street, it had a shower, toilet, wash basin, locking front door, fan, storage space to empty the bag out, TV (showing mostly fashion channel) and best of all a clean double bed.
It was basic - certainly, but it was comfortable, social, well located and to a scorched traveller on a budget, exactly what I needed.

The island this accommodation is on, the number of visitors, the fact that everything has to come by boat. It all creates a unique environment. Baan Kasirin caters for the basics without any frills or luxury and at a fair price for this island.

I appreciated it for what it is and what I needed at the time. I didn't stay for too long but it provided the base to explore and have somewhere to return to and get cleaned up and rest in privacy. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

As I said - context.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank michaelfleming2112
Reviewed 12 April 2015

The room where dirty. I don't know when they have cleaned the bathroom properly...it was horrible and the towels were yellow instead of white. Blanket wasn't a blanket, it was a big white towel which did spread a lot of nap to my clothes. Fan was full of mold.

The reception girl wasn't nice at all. Very unfriendly and rude. Didn't seem to care when I went to complain about my room.

They had the cheapest rooms (800 THB/ night) and I didn't want to pay more money from accommodation. Luckily I was diving every day so I didn't have to spend much time in the room.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

This review is about the dive shop, not the connected hotel rooms.

The dive trip itself was nice and the dive masters were excellent. Based on that experience I was all set to give 5 stars... BUT we had several suspicious incidents involving payment, and I feel you deserve a warning. First, one friend payed for 4 days snorkel gear rental for himself while the rest of the group only paid for 1 day. Even though all paid at the time, he was charged again at the end of the rental. He tried to work it out with the manager bit she was unrelenting. Since she had his passport, she had him by the balls. This lady, a middle aged Thai woman, was extremely rude and unreasonable to him. She also refused to help him when his mask was leaky and did not fit properly. Fortunately a different, nice farang worker did later help him, when the cranky manager was not around.

Then, I separately paid for another day snorkel gear rental, but my poor friend was also charged for this (we did manage to straighten this bit out later). Finally, my card was charged twice, for two different amounts, for a single diving transaction, and I had to do a dispute with my credit card company. What a hassle! Dealing with all these sketchy billing problems was such a bummer when trying to have a good time on a beautiful island.

If you decide to rent or dive with them, double check your receipts, don't give them your passport and try to avoid the mean Thai lady.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2015

I stayed at the Baan Kasirin attached to the Baan Kasirin Dive Shop on Walking Street. I enjoyed my Simple clean, comfortable, budget room with fan close to the ferries and all the shops and restaurants. Nothing fancy. But a quiet location off the main street that is an easy walk everywhere. For the best beach on the island, head to Sunrise Beach.

Room tip: All rooms are nice and new and clean. Non A/C rooms get warm in daytime.
Date of stay: March 2015