“Pretty tasteless food but lovely owner”
Review of Le Zauq

Le Zauq
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Gisors
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Naan bread with cheese is predictably bad - tasted and looked like it was spread with dairy lea or something.

I went with the 19 euro set menu. Aubergine starter was tasteless chickpea fritters with specks of aubergine. Korma was honestly one of the worst I've I ever had. It wasn't that it was bad as a dish. But it was just cream and chicken with plain rice - not Korma. Even the 5 euro small bottle of Kingfisher wasn't cold. I thought the Kulfi for desert could be a saving grace but I was literally crunching through bits of ice in the ice cream. At least it had some pistachios sprinkled on top.

Owner is nice and speaks good English.

For a small French town its decent. Otherwise what I had was pretty uninspiring tasteless food and not worth the money.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The food was literaly delicious. Everything what we took was good. The only problem was the service - a bit slow and didn't know a few things about the food or restaurant.

1  Thank Karolina J
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Found this place by chance when walking to another place we have eaten in Gisors before. Unusual to have an Indian meal in France but we were all pleasantly surprised. Good selection of different types of food with an pleasant use of herbs and spices. Reasonable price and good service by English speaking manager/owner. I hope it becomes an ongoing success. I have given 4 start as with everything in life there is always room for improvement, no matter how small.

2  Thank BrightonBiker
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Came across this Indian - or perhaps Pakistan - restaurant in Gisors 80k or so North East of Paris whilst cycling with friends. Very friendly owner and very helpful with menu which was unusual compared with the usual British Indian fare. One of the best Indians I have had anywhere let alone in France. Food was fresh and tasty, with unusual Nan breads and the use of ingredients not come across in this style before. Some say you should never give a 5 as there is always room for improvement, however I would say this was good enough. 150 euros for 4 including two bottles of wine.

1  Thank Paul R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Simply amazing food, real taste of Asia. Incredible host and good atmosphere. Chef is absolutely brilliant and master of his trade. You won't expect that in rural town. Five stars

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member