Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$142
View deal
PricelineUS$142
eDreamsUS$142
TripadvisorUS$142
Lol.travel
All reviews tigh na sgiath red squirrels drawing room beautiful hotel fresh flowers jacuzzi bath course dinner would highly recommend this hotel other guests attention to detail peaceful location small hotel our honeymoon first class four poster country house dining room
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022

A very welcoming host greeted us for our 2 night stay. The room was everything we had hoped it would be, in a very peaceful location. There was an excellent choice for breakfast, which was beautifully presented. The Manager was very helpful and gave us excellent advice on local amenities and places to visit. Would love to go again.

Date of stay: August 2022
IainElaine MacDonald-Coulter, Owner at Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is greatly appreciated - we hope that you may be able to visit Tigh na Sgiath again one day!

Reviewed 2 August 2022

Absolutely stunning place. You can feel how thought goes into every detail. Beautiful manor house that used to belong to the Lipton family.
God location for hiking, whiskey and seeing the many stunning castles and villages. Would love to have stayed longer.
The couple that owns and keep the hotel were very accomodating and helpful in every way.
Fantastic breakfast.
Would recommend to all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IainElaine MacDonald-Coulter, Owner at Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review - we are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and were able to visit the local vicinity - there is so much to see and do in the area - hopefully you can stay longer next time!

Reviewed 30 July 2022

We stayed only one night unfortunately as this was a great hotel. Friendly and quiet with well-considered indoor and outdoor space to relax. Comfortable beds and delicious breakfast with lots of options. Our host also provided excellent local dinner recommendations. We’d happily plan a holiday around returning to stay here for longer. Close to the Spey, RSPB Loch Garten and great walks and a few miles drive to Granton with the best bookshop.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IainElaine MacDonald-Coulter, Owner at Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Thank you so much for submitting a review of your recent stay at Tigh na Sgiath - it was a pleasure to welcome you and your family - hopefully you may all be able to stay longer next visit! Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

I am a hard to please ex manager for Trust Houses Forte
This stay is everything an ex manager dreams of clean shining cutlery at breakfast, a silver teapot with not one drip mark shined as we ate a perfectly cooked breakfast.

The room... I defy any 4 in a bed contestant to run their finger anywhere to find dust. Immaculate, fabulous decor very tasteful. Tea and coffee facilities with biscuits and chocolates, and a separate coffee machine for the more piccy. The dressing table had mints and cotton wool. The bathroom was adorned with Scottish fine soap toiletries. Brilliantly white soft fluffy towels and equally white dressing gown.

The WiFi was a bit hit and miss but you go to a place like this to get away from it all.

I truly have no faults and believe me that is rare. The host was very attentive but knew when to step back

Being in the business I find staying away a bit of a nightmare, always let down by the simplist fo things, lack of attention to detail constantly amazes me

Not here. Grab your case and book Now!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IainElaine MacDonald-Coulter, Owner at Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2022

Thank you for such a positive and informative review - we really appreciate your comments and we know that this will be helpful to others in considering staying at Tigh na Sgiath - much appreciated - hope we can welcome you both back before too long!

Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

This is a really special place. My husband, myself and our wee dog spent 2 nights here and had a lovely and relaxing stay. The house is stunning and filled with antiques and curios, and as soon as we entered our room and I saw a teapot I knew I was going to like it here. I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate a proper cup of tea, with real milk! We stayed in the Cromdale room which is gorgeous and has the coolest avocado bathroom (deliberately vintage, not just dated!) I took a bath both nights I was there, the tub is deep and wide and the bath foam provided is lovely.
The main highlight for us was the food though. The breakfast is one of the best I’ve ever had- I highly recommend the porridge with maple syrup & banana. We also had an afternoon tea on the second day (book in advance) and again, it was wonderful. Everything was home made, Elaine is incredibly talented in both the breakfast & cake departments!
Both Elaine & Ian are fantastic warm, friendly hosts. The house is immaculately clean, cosy and welcoming. Our dog Willow really appreciated the doggy bed, blanket and biscuits too :)
We’ll definitely be back!

Room tip: Book an afternoon tea!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Tigh na Sgiath and also your lovely photos. We cannot wait to welcome you all back! Willow is such a star! Thanks again!