“Will be coming back”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Been there since 1972 http://r.gnavi.co.jp/fl/en/f066900/
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I also disagree with the bad reviews. The portions are big, as you get a salad and soup to start, plenty of sides with your meat and a choice of rice or bread. The chefs put on a show for you as well, so it is very entertaining. Atmosphere is great too.

1  Thank Aska K

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Definitely a tourist trap. This is the spot where all of the Okinawan businessmen bring their liaisons and visiting partners. Also a trap with the military community as well.

It's no different than the teppan restaurants in the U.S., so you won't be missing much if you skip this for a more authentic, and cost-efficient meal. If you want steak that badly, I recommend going to a local steak house, or diner, as you will find much more meat and portions for your money.

One thing that I dislike most about these types of restaurants is the amount of grease that's on the floor. You can feel it on the bottom of your shoes as you walk around, and sit at your table. I know this can't really be prevented, but I was never a fan of teppan places (that aren't carpeted) for this reason.

The times that I've eaten there, the food was cooked well, and the sides offered were average. Never really got stuffed, and always found myself wanting to eat more afterwards.

Dinner will gouge your wallet, so if you're set on eating here, go for the lunch as they have reasonable specials.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I saw lots of bad reviews, and I disagree with them. For about $140, my husband and I had a meal with a tasty chowder, small salad, toasted bread, pork, good cut of beef, lobster tail, lots of veggies, glass of wine, dish of ice cream, and cup of coffee. It was the Teppanyaki experience, and our chef was enjoyable. It is not a plush romantic experience, but certainly not the bad experience some writers described. The food was good and much more than I could eat.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Small portions, overpriced, could be better tasting and impersonal staff. The volume of tourists has ruined any allure this place used to have. Better teppanyaki at Capital or Jack's.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The food was not up to my expectation. The meats and the sauce that goes with the meats were so so. Service and the clear ticketing system was good though. Still a pleasant experience.