“Closed”
Review of Hiji waterfall

Hiji waterfall
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Why doesn't anyone tell us it closes at 3pm. We drove all the way here with a traffic that is worse than a funeral procession at 15km - traffic jam for no reason. The usual speed limit is 40km normally and if you are lucky 50km. You get nowhere at this rate.

Driving the length from Naha to just Bise took us about 4 hours not on the expressway - and that's one way. We did stop along the coast a little but hardly long.

We finally arrived at the waterfall only to be told by the guys we were not allowed it. It was just after 3.15pm

The traffic moves like a turtle so we took the expressway back as the rental car closes at 8pm.

Ensure you give yourself an extra hour for the traffic jam and filling petrol coming back plus extra hours for the slow speed they drive at.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I hiked this waterfall with my 6 yr old and my husband. There are a lot of stairs, so I would say you need to be able to walk a good bit. I will be living in Okinawa for a few years so I would say that it's a waterfall to visit at least once. It looks just like the other waterfalls in Okinawa.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The hike to Hiji Waterfall is interesting. It basically follows a small river, and while the river remains at about the same level from start to finish, you still go up and down a bunch of stairs every few minutes.
I'm overweight, so it was kinda hard. But most of that was due to the heat. I went when the temperature was at it hottest (around 40 C), which didn't make it easier.
Be sure to bring water and if you're going in summer, go late in the day.
When that's been said... Beautiful waterfall and a whole bunch of interesting animals on the way there.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I took a bus from Nago to see the Hiji waterfall - grab a bamboo stick and go into the forest. I saw huge butterflies, lizards and salamanders on the way in!

1  Thank RockMeAsmodeus
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Don't take your dogs. Even though there are NO signs or notices on any of their pamphlets or website- you will drive way out there and waste your time. Probably beautiful but we wouldn't know.