“Beautiful even in heat with rain!”
Review of Hiji waterfall

Hiji waterfall
Reviewed 17 December 2016

I went there with my daughter (she lives there), we took the trail to the falls. There is alot of steps and bridges and walkways, and it says it is about a mile, but that would be on flatland! There are several stair cases, from 2 steps to 72 steps! I know because I counted them! We really enjoyed the walk, but because it was raining, the steps and walkway bridges were slippery, so walked slow accross those as there are no safety stops if you slip and fall. The woods were beautiful, and the falls was pretty. i would say it is worth the walk, and it is good exercise! If I go back I will walk it again. The one thing I did not like was that they have no safety nets incase someone falls, also the walkways were too slipery, they need sand paint or anti slip surface. It took about an hour to hour aand a half, depends on how much you stop or how fast you walk. Deffinately wear proper shoes, would not want to wear heels. Overall, worth the trip.

1  Thank Belinda B

Reviewed 23 November 2016

It's about 2KM hike to the waterfall. You can either follow the riverbank or the forest trail. The forest trail can be quite challenging for somes as it consists of long staircase and steep gradients. Not a big waterfall.

1  Thank JSeng
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Why doesn't anyone tell us it closes at 3pm. We drove all the way here with a traffic that is worse than a funeral procession at 15km - traffic jam for no reason. The usual speed limit is 40km normally and if you are lucky 50km. You get nowhere at this rate.

Driving the length from Naha to just Bise took us about 4 hours not on the expressway - and that's one way. We did stop along the coast a little but hardly long.

We finally arrived at the waterfall only to be told by the guys we were not allowed it. It was just after 3.15pm

The traffic moves like a turtle so we took the expressway back as the rental car closes at 8pm.

Ensure you give yourself an extra hour for the traffic jam and filling petrol coming back plus extra hours for the slow speed they drive at.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I hiked this waterfall with my 6 yr old and my husband. There are a lot of stairs, so I would say you need to be able to walk a good bit. I will be living in Okinawa for a few years so I would say that it's a waterfall to visit at least once. It looks just like the other waterfalls in Okinawa.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The hike to Hiji Waterfall is interesting. It basically follows a small river, and while the river remains at about the same level from start to finish, you still go up and down a bunch of stairs every few minutes.
I'm overweight, so it was kinda hard. But most of that was due to the heat. I went when the temperature was at it hottest (around 40 C), which didn't make it easier.
Be sure to bring water and if you're going in summer, go late in the day.
When that's been said... Beautiful waterfall and a whole bunch of interesting animals on the way there.