Hotel is a very convenient 5 mins transfer from the airport for a $7 USD or $40 Trinidad and Tobago. Don't worry about being close to the airport as you won't be disturbed by noise.
The room we had was deluxe double that is the hotels standard room I believe. Decorated in a typical Caribbean style (floral and colourful) was clean and comfortable despite being a little dated especially in the bathroom.
The hotels biggest asset is the beach area. Lots of sunbeds nestled between the palm trees and thatched umbrellas. The clear shallow water is great for all ages and the protective rock breakwater shelters the beach from big waves. The bonus is the rocks provide habitat for a huge variety of fish and coral that as a qualified scuba diver I was well impressed with.
Now the negatives, due to the hotel being very quiet the options for dining were very limited on an evening. And the enforced dress code was a little excessive in my opinion. I'm fine with collared shirts but full length trousers in that heat is crazy. Also the restaurant on an evening was formal to a point the staff were afraid to make a mistake instead of having a laugh with the patrons. I understand the hotel is trying to keep an air of elegance about it but needs to be relaxed some what.
Should you wish to adventure beyond the hotel's grounds the bar street outside offers mainly fast food options. However we did discover a couple of eateries turning left out of the hotel gates (Cafe Coco, The Wonky Windmill) and turning right with a 5 min walk to Drunken Joes and 10 mins to Crafters Steak house and grill both nice. Store Bay Beach area also offers good local eats for a very reasonable price (day time only)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite architecture and well manicured grounds warmly welcome you to the enchanting paradise that is Coco Reef Resort. Tranquil turquoise waters caress the white sands of our private beach with magnificent snorkeling just outside the breakwater. Enjoy kayaking, pedalos, diving, tennis, gym, in-house shopping, massages, manicures, pedicures and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Tobago Hotel Crown Point
- Coco Reef Tobago Crown Point
- Coco Reef Resort Tobago
- Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago Crown Point