“Low key La Cruz”

Eva Mandarina Beach Club
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Pub
Reviewed 28 April 2016

The market in La cruz gets a tad hectic for me, so I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon this beach club. It was uncrowded, even on a Sunday. The view from the beach was uncluttered and spectacular. My friend wanted to sunbathe, while I lounged under an umbrella. Light nosh (Caesar salad and agua chile tostada, plus non-alcoholic beverages) came to $340 pesos, quite reasonable. There is a covered dining/bar area and a swingset on the lawn for kids. I shall return! :)

Reviewed 4 April 2016

It's a cute little spot with a lot of character, but the service was terrible. The waiters spent more time socializing with each other than checking on us. The drinks weren't great. I finally stopped asking for anything blended and stuck to beer and shots. Food was good though.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Terrific spot to just chill for the day on the beach. We were staying at a nearby inland B&B and happened upon this place right on the beach with a wide swath of beautiful sand. I queried if there was a 'day' charge to use the chairs/umbrellas/facilities and to my great surprise they said 'no, just have some drink or food', and I was good to go all day. True to their word, one day all i had was a bottled water. Prices I thought were super reasonable for beach front service. Fish tacos were quite good. Just throw down a towel and have service at your lounger or go into their restaurant area. Service was great - not intrusive at all. There is some cool artwork around. The place is pristine clean. There was virtually noone there on each of the days I went. Highly recommend for just a chill beach vibe and relaxing time.
I did see there were some negative reviews and noted they were mostly Canadians. We found there is quite a community of Canadians who come down here and live on the 'cheap, cheap' for months on end, so yes, you will pay a bit more for a drink here than at the food stand but you're certainly not going to get the same amenities and view.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We found this place after walking around the Marina, Situated on a nice beach away from the crowds. Just stopped in for a drink and ended up staying the afternoon, Great selection of cocktails. Also great service.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

had a great time using the beach club during my recent trip to Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills. The staff were very friendly, the food was great, and the beach was beautiful. Proximity to the marina, and la cruz made it excellent central location to tour from