“Quiet pint”

Railway Inn
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Borth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Popped in for a couple of drinks when staying down the road at the youth hostel. It was pretty quiet, but then again was a Monday night in March. Had a couple of pints, which were OK, however not quite as well kept at the Victoria Inn down the road.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Made to feel welcome as son as we stepped through the door. Very quiet due to out of season. Excellent beer. Restaurant open on a Friday evening, which we missed as we forgot to ask the time of meal service. Look forward to a return trip.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We were staying at a local caravan park and decided to try a local pub for an evening meal, on arrival we went up to the bar where a friendly chap pointed us in the right direction for a table, we were seated and the menu seemed standard pub fayre,the waitress took our order quickly and food didn't take too long to arrive ,one curry ,one chicken melt and scampi ,all looked good and tasted even better ,no complaints from us and we eat out alot,all the other diners were happy too, and they were busy. We will return next time were in Borth and my husband is going to stop with his bike club too .

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Although I did not eat there I found the lady behind the bar extremely friendly and polite and the premises very clean. I am not a local and only staying in Borth for a week but I shall certainly return with my family for food before the end of our holiday as the first impression was very good.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Tried to get an evening meal after arriving late into the area.....they stop serving at 8.30pm....this is in a time warp to say the least. So two nights later we went with the family who were out with us for a meal...so we ordered a number of various meals after waiting a considerable time for the order to be taken....by the cook in his dirty looking shorts and short fat hairy legs...how unappealing that is . Food starts to arrive and gets plonked down in front of us...lady then bring handful of cutlery and slams it down in middle of table.....Fish order with Fish & chips was frozen...how odd when we are at the coast you would expect fresh fish...all meals lacked presentation...I do accept this is a pub food outlet but at least put a little effort into it...BUT it filled a hole...

The eatery part of the pub is separate to the drink side...so,...be aware......that is another review I guess....Will we be back....

Sorry to say No, never ever.

Totally put off by hairy legs & shorts were food is being served......

1  Thank Peter H