All reviewswarm welcomenice pubcomfortable bedsitting roomkathleenashesdalywifiteahostesskerry
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Walking the Dingle and we stayed here for a night. While adequate in many respects, the place needs some attention.

The Internet is VERY slow. And with an older place such as this, really only worked in the dining room.

Beds were comfy and the place was clean. Our bathroom had two plumbing issues. The tap on the cold water would turn, and after about 4 turns would go from no water to fire house strength and volume. Also the toilet took what seemed like an eternity to fill after flushing.

Breakfast was good and the proprietor looked after us.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonetaReviewer
Reviewed 10 June 2016

I loved Kathleen & her B&B so much I stayed there twice while walking the Dingle Way... the first night I arrived from Tralee... and then as I completed my trek (the bus stop is a few steps away). She greets you with a warm welcome, along with tea/coffee & biscuits... and makes a full Irish breakfast (or other choices). The views & sunsets from her place are beautiful... and my room had a shower/bath... just what I needed after a long days walk. And the pub across the street, Ashes, serves great food in a warm atmosphere. This is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2016

My son an I spent one evening at Finglas House after a long day on the DIngle Way. My son in particular was discouraged and we were both quite tired and wet, as it had begun to rain. Kathleen was very welcoming and made sure we had everythng we needed. She was also encouraging (the walk gets easier after that first leg!) and we had a wonderful night's rest and a fabulous breakfast the next morning. I would return here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank beresman
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I was well ahead of the rest of the walking group and Kathleen insisted on getting her car out and retrieving them from the road. Then, welcomed with a pot of tea and biscuits, we were feeling right at home from the start.

Quizzed for our thoughts on the day's walk and given ideas/advice for segments of the walk yet to come came in quick succession like we were all old friends just chatting. It was a marvelous experience within an hour of our arrival!

The rooms are very nice and more spacious than what we expected. An excellent breakfast was laid out for us in a beautiful breakfast room overlooking the bay. That alone was worth the cost of the lodging.

Should you stay - and I hope you will - make sure to have a nightcap at Kathleen's bar just next door. You will get plenty of good advice and local information along with your drink.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2016

A small village but we had the best time there. Kathleen was so warm & welcoming. We were there in October 2014 and were the only guests so had the place to ourselves. We had a lovely dinner at Ash's and then went to the pub next to Finglas. I think it is owned by Kathleen. There were some regulars there and when we went to sit at a table they said oh no you must come up and sit with us at the bar. We had a great evening with the locals. We are definitely going back to Ireland and will ahppily stay at Finglas again. Oh and the breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family