“Excellent holiday stay”
other travellers have booked this property
looking from courtyard into garden and parking beyond.
Kitchen opens to a garden and yard, a slate table and seats outside are perfect for breakfast. Bespoke kitchen, granite worktops, butlers sink.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
looking from courtyard into garden and parking beyond.
Bespoke kitchen, granite worktops, butlers sink.
Oil fired Aga welcomes you home every day.
Relax after a day on the beach.
Enjoy a real fire in the logburning stove.
From the bathroom window looks over fields and woods with horses and goats and wild birds..
The Family bathroom is bathed in sunlight on summer evenings, weather permitting.
The bathroom faces west and gets the evening sun.
Master bedroom King sized bed.
Snug single room, a jack 'n' Jill room adjacent to 3rd bedroom that will have a double bed in.
Your first glimpse the property, lots of granite and buildings including a well house.
looking back at the house from one of the footpaths surrounding the property.
Wild country flowers. Your holiday home will come with flowers.
Paddle boarding at Swanpool.
Walking the coast path to Meanporth beach.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent holiday stay”
Reviewed 11 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Beautiful spacious farmhouse, comfortable beds, very attractive decor and soft furnishings, hand made wooden kitchen and aga, lovely space around the house for children and dog, kitchen very well equipped, very friendly hosts who live onsite so can help with anything required (even a workmate to allow youngest son and his Dad to do some woodwork together).
Easy access to Helford river with wonderful river beaches - best day out was when we hired a boat and found a deserted beach for our picnic. The north coast and surfing was under an hour away. Lovely coast path walks on the Lizard 15-30 mins depending where you go.

14 Sep 2017
So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the property comfortable for all the family including the dog! Easy access to river beaches and coastal walks make this a great place to have a family holiday.
christoph...
Reading, United Kingdom
“A wonderful home from home.”
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Hi Jane and Kim, what can I say. This is a simply delightful cottage. With everything we needed and more. Even no electrical kettle or toaster did not deter us. The Agar came to the rescue. No superlatives can describe how all of us thought of your beautiful cottage. From the warm greeting we had from both of you. To the flowers, condiments, milk and Cornish biscuits. To the fantastic kitchen with it's rustic look. Then we did a tour, of the wonderful wood floor panelled living room with comfy chairs for all four of us. To the drawing room with a delightful baby grand. It is also where we found the router and got the wifeless key. So we could have WiFi during our stay. Boom!!! I also made a momentous decision to take up the keyboard. After tinkling the ivories. Something I have not done since leaving the Royal College of Music, so many years ago.We thought it stopped, but no. We followed it round to the door that went into the courtyard. Where I had breakfast on one of the days. So calming!!! There was a second toilet and shower, which came extremely useful. Then we toured the upstairs. My wife was not sure what bedrooms we would have. We were not disappointed. So much choice. Each bedroom had it's own uniqueness. My wife and I had the four poster. My daughter had the one overlooking the garden. My son who is used to medium sized bedrooms chose the adjoining one to his sister. Sorted!!! We spoke Jane, about signage and you should make more a thing of Little Palestine so it easy to find for passing travellers like ourselves. You explained that you wanted to keep the place a traveller's secret. After our stay, please do not change. We want it to be our secret. The space you have is tremendous. The steps leading to the field was my bolt hole the penultimate day. I was suffering from a headache brought on by a viral infection. So I wanted somewhere quiet. It was so quiet I fell asleep on the bench. The animals you have made the stay even more brilliant. Taking my daughter away was extremely difficult and we had to use police like negotiation. Jane, I had such an enthralling conversation. Where you went through the history of the property. What you had already done to make it one of the best cottages ever we have stayed in. To your future plans. The way you want to keep the family atmosphere and allowing your family to be part of our travelling experience was truly inspiring. Thank you again for a magical place. Yes I have used a few superlatives but it is worth it. I would highly recommend this to friends and family. See you in the very near future!!!!

7 Sep 2017
So pleased you enjoyed your stay and you have written such an enchanting response! I look forward to sharing our special place with others looking for the peace and quiet of the Cornish countryside.
Steve H
“What a wonderful place”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We've travelled extensively, but it's been a while since we've stayed this cosy and homely. I would recommend this place any time

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Sep 2016
So pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Florence1...
San Francisco
“Beautiful House, Delightful Hosts”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

What a very lovely house to stay in. Once we'd navigated the narrow track down to the property we had a fantastic week in this idyllic spot - what a gem awaited us. We had plenty of space and we were very comfortable. The owners had thought of everything and we really appreciated all the thoughtful touches such as the fresh flowers in several rooms, tea and coffee in the cupboard and milk in the fridge.

There's plenty to see and do nearby. Truro is about 20 minutes away, Helford and Falmouth about 10 to 15 minutes. There are also lots of beautiful beaches and gardens as well as lovely walks straight from the house.

Our dog loved curling up by the aga and had a great time too.

A wonderful place to relax. Highly recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing