“Mothering Sunday”

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Cullompton
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Proprietors John & Lynn Bowen, Head Chef Rob Phillips & Second Chef's Liam Sampson & Chris Phare and all the staff wish you a very warm welcome to the Merry Harriers. We have tried to create a warm, welcoming, traditional Pub atmosphere. We think a Pub should be a Pub - not a restaurant. We pride ourselves on providing well kept Cask Ales, a good selection of quality, moderately priced wines and good home-made Pub Grub. We source our ingredients locally whenever possible. It not only tastes great, it helps to support our local community and to reduce food miles. Thanks to our
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Booked here at rather short notice and were treated like friends even though it was our very first visit. Although extremely busy we were served promptly and the food was excellent. We are from Birmingham but visit relatives in Devon at least three time a year and will certainly be returning to the Merry Harriers.

jelbown, Owner at Merry Harriers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit on what is an extremely busy day and hope to welcome you here again in the future. Regards, Lynn and John

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went for steak night on a Thursday with a friend, meal was great value, two rump steak meals with all the trimmings plus beer and wine for only £25 . The quality and presentation was first class and the staff and management were very helpful ...... highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for a roast dinner with my family and young son. They were excellent, had a high chair for my son ready.

I am a vegetarian and they catered for my needs especially when I mentioned I don’t like a nut roast they gave me an alternative which was lovely along with veg gravy.

We asked for a child’s roast beef and it was massive ! So had to take some home! which they were more than happy to pop in a takeaway pot.

The desserts were gorgeous !

All the staff were just so friendly ! Even the other customers I assume some are regulars were lovely towards my son too.

Great family friendly place. Will come again and with more of the family!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Always a good night and a great place to take family when they visit us .
Never had bad meal and very friendly

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Visit on Christmas Eve and the place was empty.

Luckily it was a Sunday so the pub were serving roasts so I went for the Pork Belly roast as did my friends and we absolutely loved it.

The meat was great, gravy very tasty and the veg was cooked superbly. I would highly recommend this place for a Sunday lunch.

Service was excellent and the staff very pleasant. Will definitely be going back in the near future.