1,446 results
All reviews dundrum shopping centre king room four poster bed quirky hotel crystal bar mini bar luas line business trip excellent hotel stayed for one night reception area full irish enjoyable stay following morning bar food mirror minibar
Reviewed 13 July 2018

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Helpful, friendly staff make the stay a delight. The location is about 35km from the airport via the M50, so hiring a car is a good option. Close to the Wicklow Mountains and Johnny Fox's pub. The Luas (tram) takes 20 mins to the city centre. The nearest stop is 10 mins walk from the hotel. The decor is a little eccentric but adds character to a modern hotel. The rooms are comfortable and recently decorated. The only slight diappointment is the restaurant which is excellent for breakfast but a little disappointing for dinner in recent months.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magda B, Front Office Manager at The Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear PCSmith21,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Beacon.

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it. We love to hear from our guests and it is wonderful to know that we have a new fan in you! I am however sorry to hear your dining experience wasn't as you would have wanted it to be and I hope we will have a chance to surprise you next time with some changes in our dinner menu.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Fantastic hotel highly recommended, would recommend you to anyone looking for a good hotel with good food, and friendly helpful staff, great location with surrounding amenities, beautiful location, look forward to staying there again in the future

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magda B, Front Office Manager at The Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear sueodwyer10,

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We picked this for location and turns out that was the only good reason for the choice. Check in is supposed to be 3pm, we arrived at 4.45pm and our room still wasn't ready. We were asked to wait for 5 minutes with a complimentary drink for the wait, 20 minutes later I went to enquire about the hold up again. Was told another room had just become available. Due to the delay we missed the first shuttle going to the concert at Marlay Park and as a result we also managed to miss most of the first band at the concert so wasn't impressed. Also there was no air conditioning in the room, probably not normally an issue but we're actually having great weather at the moment so sleeping in the heat was difficult, also didn't help that there was only a duvet on the bed and no separate sheet. Tv worked the night we arrived but the next morning all it would do was turn on and off. We werr in a room next to the lift so all we could hear was it going up and down for half the night. Room was quite small too, with all of the issues above I doubt that we would bother to go here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 50Caroline81,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to contact me in relation to late check in I will be happy to have a look into the situation.

We strive to deliver highest level of service as so I apologise we were not able to check you in on time.

Should you wish to contact me directly my email address is magda@thebeacon.com

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Great hotel beautiful rooms and decor. Food in Bar was fabulous. Wayne, Edward and I think other guys name is Marco or Mavlio really great looking after all guests before and after concert. Bus was put on to take guests to Marley park and back which was really great. Wonderful night had by all. Would definitely recommend. Only down fall was room service breakfast. Next time I’ll get up and go down restaurant! Thanks again.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Kimberly M,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The staff was helpful, friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious, clean, and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was lovely and clean. The Thai restaurant had some very delicious meals.
Laundry services were very expensive, and the decor in the lifts and foyers on each level were a bit strange.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business