Bohol Coco Farm(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
US$15
  • Free Breakfast
Bohol Bee Farm(Dauis)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$12
US$66
US$50
Agoda.com
Paragayo Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$26
Priceline
Alona Golden Palm Resort(Panglao Island)
US$52
US$50
TripAdvisor
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
US$349
US$324
US$429
US$268
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Momo Beach House(Panglao Island)
US$193
US$166
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfree buffet breakfastawesome beachhot and cold waterwhite sand beachmattresses
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This review has been long overdue. During our visit in Bohol last June 2011, we stayed in Dumaluan Beach Resort 2. Actually, I was really hesitant to book with them because of all the bad reviews I’ve read here. But I took my tour agent’s word. She said she usually books her clients in Dumaluan 2 and so far, no one has ever complained. So, we gave it a shot. We stayed for 2 nights, 3 days and rented out Executive Double room.
I listed down the positives and the negatives of our stay in Dumaluan 2.
Positives
1. Our room is located at the 3rd floor. Room 308 to be exact. Executive Double room is so spacious. So love the room’s lighting. I also love the bed. So comfy! It also has a porch wherein you can have a good view of the restaurant, the swimming pool and a glimpse of the sea.
2. Fast, free WiFi access
3. Resort is located at the beachfront.
4. Accommodation comes with a free buffet breakfast in their in-house restaurant located just a few steps away from the beach.
5. There’s a life guard on duty at the swimming pool.
6. They have an in-house souvenir shop that accepts credit cards.
7. Resort personnel were polite and honest. I remember I left my bag full of souvenirs at their receiving area when we were checking out and they really made out of their way to stop our service and hand me my bag.
8. They can also arrange tours for you. Just let them know beforehand.
Negatives
1. No real closet in our room. Just a fixed wooden bar attached to the wall where you can hang your clothes. That’s why our stuff looked messy and cluttered.
2. Free WiFi connection is only accessible within the vicinity of the restaurant.
3. Overpriced room rates
4. Food in the restaurant is expensive.
Overall, I can stay I still had a nice time in Dumaluan 2 despite of some negatives. I’d still prefer to stay here next time I visit Bohol.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank a_beach_enthusiast
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The room is a bit outdated but clean. the cottages don't have an intercom, so if you need anything from the front desk you have to go out of your room and walk there. the buffet breakfast was so-so, the kitchen staff could've done better. the buffet breakfast had limited choices; eggs, hotdog, mixed vegetables, bread/rice and the orange juice served was powdered juice. with the price you pay a glass of fresh orange juice isn't too much to ask.

Room Tip: choose a cottage room near the front desk.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We book this hotel for a 3 day package. They pick up us in time at the airport. The tour was great and the driver very friendly. Just be shure to book in advance all the nights that you want to spend there because is a very busy "resort". As in all Philippines the name Resort is just a matter of name but do not give you what the name is spected. So no hesitate your self specting a resort service. But the service was ok, a 5 star location paying 2 stars service. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Book the standard room near the pool is ok. Avoid the rooms near the beach, the people in Philippines enjoy the early beach baths, so there is action at 5AM.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katoteos
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Pros:
1. Executive Double Room is spacious
2. Beachfront; water is clean and clear
3. Walking distance to Bohol Beach Club
4. Acoustic Nights during dinner
5. Anticipated Mass on Saturday nights

Cons:
1. Reservation staff do not answers calls on their mobile phone (I called them 3 times to tell them we will check in late, but they never answered)
2. You need to pay for everything (They charge us P50 for boiling water to sterilize my son's feeding bottles)
3. Food is expensive (1 Plain Rice costs P40; 1 Ripe Mango costs P70)
4. Staff at reception was not courteous, welcoming, and accommodating)
5. A/C was situated beside the door, far away from the bed (My son was sweating while sleeping!)
6. No complimentary water, coffee and tea; therefore, no electric teapot in the room (I stayed at cheaper BnBs with all this included!)
7. No slippers provided
8. Water from the shower tasted salty
9. Huge rodent crawling beside the pool!
10. Buffet breakfast was mediocre: rice, egg, tapa/hotdog/pork, bread/jam, watermelon, juice/coffee

If not for its nearness to Bohol Beach Club, we would not have stayed here. When I go back to Bohol, i'd rather stay at BBC than Dumuluan.

Book at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's no longer a secret that when you visit a place it always comes with money you have in your pocket... this story started with a wonderful day tour we had in the city and tourist spots in bohol... I may say that I'm kinda amaze of how really beautiful Philippine is.. also thankful that the tour guide/driver we had contacted is so kind enough to give us all the time in the world to visit almost 10-spots in just a day without makin' us in a hurry... I'm with my officemates and their families during this joy ride of my life... we finish the tour at around 6pm. the kids felt so tired already so, we decided to checked in at Dumaluan Resort... fascinated though of the beach front same to the hotel.. though they're fully booked that time so we manage to stay in their kubos with a very reasonable price... the problem there is we have to pay for everything we asked for, just like for example; a simple charging of cellphone that will cost you 50.00, laptop for 100.00 and so on...

Our entire trip went well.. and hopefully be back again someday...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends