US$137
US$64
Hotels.com
US$101
US$84
The Old House B&B(Atherstone)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I stayed one night during my business trip as all other hotels nearby were fully booked.
The room did smell a bit. This is really over priced for a guest house as 4 star hotel only 5 miles away was cheaper than this.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

The Chestnuts is a converted and extended coach house. We were made very welcome by the owner, signed in and directed to our room. The rooms was traditionally furnished with bed, drawer and mirror unit, a large wall wardrobe with a small en suite shower room and toilet with sink. Unfortunately because people smoke on the property, our room did smell quite strongly of cigarettes, which meant that our clothes did too. Although the room was a reasonable size, the bed was rather hard and uncomfortable - but nothing that a foam mattress topper wouldn't fix.
Breakfast was flexible which suited us and food was fresh and tasty. Lots of fresh tea and coffee.
The owners also have a delightful golden labradore who was really friendly and a really cute tabby cat with the loudest purr.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Booked at very short notice (just a few hours) so wasn't surprised when I didn't get the best room (I was told it was Jenny's son's room). It was a small single room facing the road. No hanging space for clothes (the son's wardrobe was tied closed with string) and the room smelled either very stale or of smoke (I couldn't quite work out which).
The pillow STANK of someone else's stale smoke though, which didn't make for a good night's sleep. Very effective double glazing keeps the road noise out, but I had to open a window in the middle of the night to get some air, so that defeated the object a bit.
There was no milk left in the room for the tea and coffee. No big deal (it can't have been that big a deal cos I couldn't be bothered to go downstairs and ask for some).
Like other reviewers I was very surprised that the cooked breakfasts were extra.
A tired B&B that probably relies on the huge TNT distribution centre and Aldi head office round the corner for business travellers.
£90 a night for that was way over the odds.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank baah-humbug
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Where do I start... We arrived at the B & B ( Bed & BREAKFAST, notice the capitals! ) with high hopes of great service and a freshly COOKED breakfast which we expected to be included in our initial payment, and we where only notified in the final bill of the large surcharge . It turns out that the COOKED breakfast option was not included and we were charged extra for it. Also added to our bill was a taxi fee by Jenny where we were dropped off where and when Jenny was heading into town. It is also supposed to be a non smoking facility and this seems to only be true for the guests as the majority of family and friends were seen smoking under the open windows and in the house . As o/s visitors we had hoped that a local family would provide good local knowledge of the area, but they seemed to be clueless. All in all room was nice, but we felt like we got played. NOT RECOMMENDED

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Josh A
Reviewed 24 September 2015

My first time staying in. B & B and I was surprised, having to stay in hotels through out the Uk for business I have found most fall short in most areas of basic service, but the Chestnuts is different, my room was lovely, with a nice calm feel about it, gave me my best nights sleep for a long time,my breakfast was fresh and cooked to perfection, the house is a beautiful family home,the gardens very pretty,Jenny the owner was charming, she has this place right and I certainly have no problem in recommending the Chestnuts.

Room Tip: Room 5 lovely
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business