“Good for kids.”

Folly Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Begelly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a fun and educational family day out in Wales then there is nowhere better than Folly Farm! With a zoo, farm, fairground and indoor and outdoor adventure play you'll leave understanding why it has twice been voted 'Best Family Day Out in Pembrokeshire and Wales'.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place, good for kids really but not so much for the older crowd. It shows: most of the people visiting have kids in tow. Plenty of play areas, some cute animals to visit, but it's not a top tier destination world-wide, it's just about decent enough as a local attraction.
Still, that may be harsh. It's a fun day out for the kids, so if that's the aim then this place ticks all the boxes.

FollyFarm, PR Officer at Folly Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for allowing us the opportunity to respond to some of your comments.
I'm sorry you seemed to be disappointed that we were aimed more towards children than adult only parties. I must say I'm a little surprised at your feedback as we do market ourselves strongly as a family attraction and it's fair to say the majority of our activities and play areas are aimed towards children.
However, please note that we do have many adults comment on how much they also enjoy a day out with us, with many also visiting without children - particularly if they have an interest in animals. We have such an amazing array of creatures in our large zoo including many rare and vulnerable species such as our eastern black rhino, African lion and Humboldt and Macaroni penguins. Many adults also enjoy the nostalgia of our Vintage Fairground.
Thank you again for your comments - we appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

PR Officer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,207)
All reviews
in 123 reviews
"vintage fair"
in 108 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Folly Farm whilst staying at nearby Bluestone.

We had not researched beforehand so a little unsure of what to expect. We were amazingly surprised!

Firstly the animal barn is great. Animal pens kept lovely and clean, animals clearly well cared for. My son got to help milk a goat which he loved. Staff very friendly, helpful and care about what they do.

Next to the indoor fairground area (not sure what it is officially called). This made our day! We expected a few slot machines and found a large array of classic fairground rides, brilliantly restored and maintained (dodgems, waltzers, space jets, carousel, caterpillar etc). Also lots of fun games to play and classic arcade games. All very reasonably priced. Food here was fine for what you need on a family day out.

Zoo area was another surprise. All animal enclosures well maintained, clearly well cared for and a great selection of animals kids want to see.

Overall brilliant. One of the best family days out we have had and a bargain for the cost.

FollyFarm, PR Officer at Folly Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

We love it when we exceed guest expectations! Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit.
I'm so pleased you enjoyed our array of animals both in the barn and on our zoo. It's lovely to hear your son enjoyed the interactive activities on offer such as goat milking.
I'm glad you felt our staff were helpful and friendly - they always do such a fantastic job in ensuring guests are enjoying themselves!
I'm pleased to hear you had such great fun in our Vintage Fairground and that you felt the rides were reasonably priced.
It's also very rewarding to hear such positive feedback regarding our animals and enclosures - the animals are at the heart of what we do and they are very much loved and well cared for by our fantastic team of keepers that care for them daily - I'm sure they will be delighted to hear your feedback.
Thanks again - we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Folly Farm yesterday and can’t recommend it enough! All family members thoroughly enjoyed themselves, whether in the vintage fairground or seeing the animals.. we managed to spend 5 hours there, and still didn’t get to see all of the park so we can’t wait to return (when it’s slightly warmer!) to finish off!

Staff were all wonderful and it was super clean.

Folly farm would appeal to all ages, just pure fantastic fun!

Keep up the good work!

What great comments - thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the park.
I'm so pleased you were impressed with everything on offer - there definitely is a lot to fit into one day that sometimes it's not quite long enough. Please note that we do have a boomerang offer available for guests to visit again within seven days at half price.
Thank you for such lovely feedback regarding our staff which I'll be sure to pass on - and for your comments praising our high standards of cleanliness around the park. This is indeed down to our fab team who work very hard in maintaining these high standards.
We hope to see you again soon for another fun-filled day.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing place I haven’t stopped telling people about it.

I had little knowledge of what was there and every corner there was something amazing.

The pens the animals were kept in we’re substantial for the animals and my son loved it too.

Can’t wait to go again. My only slight criticism is the food isn’t great so take a packed lunch

Thank you so much for such lovely feedback - and for recommending us as a great day out to other travellers - we appreciate such positive word of mouth!
It's great to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you were so impressed with the array of animals and activities available to enjoy.
We hope you're able to come and see us again very soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We visited today (24th March 18) for the first time! I can quite honestly say this is the cleanest, most well kept zoo I have ever been to. All of the animal enclosures were completely spotless, as were ALL of the facilities- such as the toilets and food outlets. There were also plenty of toilets dotted around the place, which meant no queuing.
We were surprised at just how much there is to see and do, there is something for all ages. VERY family friendly.
My husband and step daughter took part in the rhino feeding experience today. It was fantastic. They were in there a good 40 mins or so, the rhinos were happy and liked them enough to let them get really close and hand feed them. My husband says that the keeper Rachel who looked after them during the experience was brilliant, and couldn’t praise her highly enough.

Thankyou for such a lovely day!

What lovely feedback - thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
I'm delighted you enjoyed such a good day with us and that you were so impressed with our high standards across the park - including the cleanliness of the animal enclosures, facilities and food outlets.
It's great to hear we exceeded your expectations with how much there is to see and do.
I'm also very happy to hear your family took part in a memorable rhino experience with our fantastic keeper Rachel. I know she will be thrilled with your feedback and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the HR team. Our zoo experiences are amazing - allowing guests to get up so close and feed such magnificent creatures - we're sure your husband and step daughter will remember it forever, and we're all for helping to create happy family memories!
Many thanks once again.