“A fabulous place for lunch”

Secrets on the lake at Montville
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great food and service
Delightful setting.
Restuarant tables freshly presented.with flowers.
We Would go again especially on hot day though would be lovely as well anytime

Secretsonthelake, Owner at Secrets on the lake at Montville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thankyou for taking the time to give us your review. Our staff work very hard to provide a great service with all the extras. It is lovely for them to receive such positive thoughts. Kind regards George and Aldy!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and myself have visited Secrets quite a few times and enjoy the skillfully crafted wood carvings and the warm and friendly atmosphere of the venue and the most pleasant staff. The Devonshire teas of scones and coffee and reasonable priced and most enjoyable. Thoroughly recommend.

Thankyou Kevin for your review. Apart from a range of scones we have another treat for afternoon tea which is a cream citrus sponge and tea or coffee at a special price. Our cake cabinet is always full of special homemade treats meant to entice the taste buds. Thanks again George and Aldy!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Popped in for a coffee and sticky beak and wow what a nice surprise. Great customer service, waitresses were friendly and happy. Eggs Benedict was absolutely delicious. Scones fresh and coffee yum. Views from verandah lovely. Lots of arts and crafts to look at. Will have to stay there overnight to experience all it offers.

Secretsonthelake, Owner at Secrets on the lake at Montville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thanks Rob. I don't think you missed a thing in your review. It is a pleasure to respond to such lovely comments. You would not be sorry to stay in one of our treehouses. Let me know if you decide to book . Kind regards George and Aldy!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

During a recent stay at Secrets on the Lake we had lunch in the restaurant. Staff were friendly and helpful. Delightful sitting looking at the lake. Our meals arrived promptly and were delicious - so huge!!! The setting is very cosy especially with the addition of rugs if you feel cool. We have been here a couple of times previously but had forgotten how good it is. Definitely be back. Thank you.

Thanks Sandra for giving us your review. Always pleased to get positive feedback about our cafe from our resident guests. We have been operating over 20 years in our treehouse accommodation. George has managed to still make them look like new. He and the maintenance team are very good at repairing things immediately. Our staff are a very good team at present It is a pleasure to have them get our backs in practically every situation. I think it is generally because they are proud of Secrets too. Thanks again! Kind regards George and Aldy!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

My sincere apology for making a huge mistake in my recent review of your beautiful establishment.
For some reason I only gave your establishment - 4 Stars - When it should have been -5 Stars - Would have given it 10 Stars if allowed.
As my review stated - We had a fantastic time there & actually went back again a few days later with my daughter & had an equally great time.
So please accept my apology for my error as it is a pleasure to Highly Recommend Secrets on the Lake to everyone.

Secretsonthelake, Owner at Secrets on the lake at Montville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you very much for your kind response. My staff were delighted and, as they do work hard, it is much appreciated. Thank you also for visiting again. Kind regards George and Aldy.