All reviewsspa francorchampshigh ceilingsfree wifipay extrabeautiful chateaurestaurantbelgiumhistorycastlereceptionchateauxsurroundingsvarietysizemealpmcereal
Reviewed 28 January 2017

This castle is a charming stay for a few days in summer. I stayed in January and found the rooms too cold and the meal service limited. No laundry service meant I had to bring my laundry with me after a 5 night stay.

Room Tip: Avoid Room A3, a corner room which was terribley cold and had no wifi signal
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I returned a second year to Chateau Harze to visit friends and tour Europe. We stayed 2 nights. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room had very high ceilings, though not width. We wanted to have the ambiance of staying in a Chateau and we were not disappointed. The restaurant was not open the days we were there. The breakfast was not as good as I remembered, maybe because the restaurant was not open. It was adequate. Overall, a very pleasant experience and a superb way to begin our vacation.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

A great place - you can feel the history and the grandeur, the personnel is very kind and helpful, good food - the restaurant is really nice, the breakfast is pretty diverse. I loved my time spent here - even if it was for work :)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ana C
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The room was a good size, the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had enough variety for our 2 day visit. We stayed in the annex which was rather pllain and that was reflected in the price. The wifi signal was very week and downloading e-mail was a chore. Beautiful setting. On Saturday when coming back from a nice long hike and looking forward to sitting on the terrace, we were disappointed to know it didn't open until 6:30 PM.

Room Tip: We weren't in the castle it's self but the annex. The room was plain and basic. Which was reflected in the price as it was reasonable.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laschmale1
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

A splendid location, beautiful castle from the 17 th century ! We experienced a wonderful stay in Chateau de Harzé (Aywaille), only 22 km from cosy Durbuy ! A must stay place for romantic people. The castle also offers wedding and conference possibilities...

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple