Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,365 results
All reviews salt water water park free bus hotel pool evening entertainment animation team great holiday kids club punta prima beach toasties splash world shower cubicle salad all inclusive drinks family holiday meal times bar staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2019

We liked the short transfer firstly. Our kids are grown up now but they would have loved this place as youngsters as there is a very good Waterpark across the road and is free to guests plus AI drinks available til 6pm-close.. It was packed with kids when we were there, a bit surprising as it was outside of school hols.
The free transfer to the beach at Punta Prima was welcome although the walk was only about 20 mins.
Rooms were clean and comfortable. We overlooked the pool which was noisy at daytime with screaming kids and loud music then at night with the stage MC and 'acts' but no problem for us.
The MC tried his best but was pretty boring most of the time. He and his assistant could have done with a better command of English and most nights entertainment was dull and lacklustre. Chinese acrobats though, were excellent.

I think we arrived at a tattoo convention and i've never seen so many morbidly obese people in my life. Kids allowed into dinner with soccer kit juggling a football was unacceptable but some unmarried mothers appeared to be struggling with discipline issues so it's hard not to sympathise. Nevertheless, the staff were too lax.
The beer was OK, the vodka, red and rose wines were dreadful but the G & T's were pretty good and measures were always generous. The food was very good with good variety although tea and coffee were poor.
The waiters and chambermaids worked their socks off and staff were polite and courteous if not over-friendly.
I give it 4 stars from a 'parent with kids' point of view but as near-retirees ourselves it was only 3 star.

Room tip: Overlooking Waterpark is much quieter than the other side overlooking the noisy pool, bar and stage areas.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 18 October 2019 via mobile

If you are a respectable family with young children and just want a nice relaxing holiday where the children can play by the pool, be in bed at a decent hour, and be able to sit on the balcony peacefully for some quiet quality time with your other half please please please do not chose this hotel. I will tell you why....
The majority of family’s that stay here are the ones that will happily let their tiny babies and toddlers sleep in their strollers until midnight so that they can sit in the bar and get drunk...
While we were there we witnessed a ‘father’ so drunk that he couldn’t even speak properly or remember his room number. None of the staff knew what to do with him or who he was with. And guess what.... he had a little girl with him who couldn’t have been any older than about 18 months!! This was at around midday. When his other half was finally located she shouted abuse at him at the reception desk in front of their poor little girl. Please don’t get me wrong... I am not a snob... but these are the types of people that I don’t really want to have to tolerate while on holiday with my family, and unfortunately this hotel was a magnet for them.
I won’t bore you with every single detail about what went wrong for us on our holiday, but to sum it up, we were told we could upgrade to a ‘premium suite’ on arrival for an extra €60. Brilliant! Only to find out later that it was in fact €60 per night, it wasn’t a premium suite at all, And later that night find out that it was right above the bar!!! Something which they should have told us before we paid all that money for it! Especially as we had a baby with us!
The music and drunken shouting went on until midnight the first night and my poor little girl who usually sleeps like an angel woke up every hour in tears because she was so scared.
I cried myself to sleep the first 2 nights because I couldn’t bear the thought of having to stay here another 5 nights! And yes... the music and shouting was so loud every night I had to fall asleep with a pillow over my head.
When I complained to reception I was given the option to switch rooms... to a room right next to the entertainment stage!!! Really?!?! I gave up complaining in the end because I found myself constantly angry and I didn’t want to upset my little girl.
Anyway... To top it off my little girl fell ill with hand foot and mouth On the third day.
I have never ever wanted a holiday to end until this one and I had never been so relieved to be leaving.
Total price of 6 nights in hell = £1800.
If you can only just about afford one holiday a year like we can... stay away from this place. You will regret it!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 752leannem
Guest Experience Grupo Galdana, Other at Hotel Sur Menorca, Suites & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

Dear 752leannem,
Thanks for your comments on your stay with us.

We would like to apologize for the episode you witnessed with one drunk father and his wife yelling at each other in front of their little girl, this kind of incidents should not happen at all: not in our hotel, not anywhere else. Fortunately, we witness this kind of circumstances very rarely at our hotel. However, please rest assured that we do all in our hands to avoid them, and we have a protocol in place that takes several steps to control any serious misbehaviour, with us taking different actions depending on the severity of the matter.

On the other hand, we would like to point out that any music running in the evening or any noise is shut down at 22.45 the latest: not only are we pursue our guest’s nightly rest and relaxation, but also is this mandatory by Spanish law.

We hope to welcome you again in the future, so that you can experience that our aim to continuously improve enhances our service season after season.

Kind regards,
Your Guest Experience Team at Grupo Galdana

Reviewed 15 October 2019

right dont know where to start there is a lot to cover if you want to read this then make sure that you have a cuppa lol ... by far this is the worst holiday ive ever been on!!! people were having fights, the security didnt do anything about it even though the mother and daughter were headbutting one another!!! in front of young children that were getting upset!!! then the family were starting on the guests at the hotel.

the next problem that we had was that the hotel changed the meal times without letting the guests know and a lot of the guests (adults and children) went 1 night with out food ! from 5pm until 9:30am the next morning and they refused to give us food because the restaurant was closed!!!

the bar is closed at 11pm (the all inclusive bar) then there was a bar inside that was open at 11pm untill 11:45..... and you had to pay for the drinks , there was a fridge in the room but it was not stocked up with drinks... it is 1 euro for a bottle of water.... if you are given a picknic box you are not aloud to go in to the restaurant for food until 7pm!!!

A member of staff who i am not going to name for certain reasons, he kept hassling my boyfriend and asking him if he could but it from him and telling my boyfriend how much money he would give him, it was funny the first time but he then continued to say this to my boyfriend for 2 weeks, he said it every time that we went for a meal. it began to get very annoying to the point that we ignored him, but as we walked away he continued to hassle my partner for his watch and all of his other watches and bracelets along with his chains that he wore.

the night life is appalling! they will play a song then cut it off half way through the song, then play baby shark on repeat!! i still have that damn song in my head!!! the entertainment is shocking they dont cater for all ages!! the entertainment staff will not leave you alone!! they come up to you in the day time and ask if you want to do the activities then when you say no they keep hassling you, one of the entertainment staff picked a girl up and put her over his shoulder to get her to get involved in a bloody flip flop challenge it was to see who could throw there flip flop the furthest...... yep that is right.

the food is horrendous!! along with very repetitive!!! a couple we met had fish and it was pink and slimy in the middle....yuck....

im going to stop here because the problems we had were never ending......please for your own sake think about booking this hotel...... because it was a complete waste of money and also the worst 2 weeks ive had .......

Room tip: neither of the rooms are good
3  Thank brookesims1996
Reviewed 14 October 2019

Good hotel. Room location important. We were on top floor looking out to coast but close to poolside. Hotel located well being across the road to next to the . Food good and table service could not be faulted. Evening entertainment was great for children and OK for parents

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Stayed for a week with my boyfriend it was a beautiful hotel! Water park was fabulous and great for family’s, Hotel was clean and tidy staff was lovely and helpful. Close to the beach you could get a free shuttle bus to the beach everyday or you could walk. Would definitely come back to this hotel

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia121M